Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One of my sewing a couple of a deer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-my-sewing-couple-deer-t7463.html)

henryparrish76 05-24-2008 07:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I did sew a small curtain today for the master bathroom. It needed some color in their but something that was still opaque enough. I think you'll like my choice.

And then to my backyard being the haven for the local deer population. They are now constantly tracking thru my yard since the big development is going on behind my house on the next road where they cleared a LOT of land that the deer used to call home. So again this year I am not mowing my backyard so they will have something to eat. ( I border the river anyways so its no big deal if I don't cut the backyard).

The simple curtain I made to bring some color to the master bathroom.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10399[/ATTACH]

Although it would have been nice had the deer not eaten the rosebush. Ah well.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10408[/ATTACH]

zyxquilts 05-24-2008 07:56 PM

Lovely curtain Henry! I like that border print :D
And I like your neighbors too. I think it's wonderful of you to leave the back for them to enjoy. :wink:

henryparrish76 05-24-2008 08:08 PM

Thanks Sue.
Yea I think it is just sad that all of these animals are being pushed from their homes because of my areas insane need to build up every piece of available land it seems. At least it seems like that to me.

Joan 05-24-2008 08:26 PM

I love your deer pics, Henry. We are building at 2600 feet, lots of oak trees, pine trees, cedar trees, manzanita and of course lots of deer. We buy corn (in 50 pound bags) and feed them frequently. There are several familiar ones that drop by our "yard" and we so enjoy watching them particularly when the babies start showing up. Last summer, I planted big marigolds in a half barrel and felt so smart that the deer didn't touch them. Oh, I enjoyed those flowers and was sure "our" deer knew we feed them and wouldn't bother them.... Yea, right! One night about six weeks after they had been planted, some critter ate every last bloom.....(we still love our deer, even so......)

amma 05-24-2008 09:06 PM

I love the look of your back yard, it looks so natural, no wonder the deer love to come and visit you! Your curtains are very nice :D :D

henryparrish76 05-24-2008 09:22 PM

Thanks Joan. Where do you go to get bags of corn for the deer?

henryparrish76 05-24-2008 09:24 PM

Thanks Amma.

I like that the wildlife come visit my back yard. It is why I keep it as natural looking as possible. There is a small section of it that i do keep cut so the dogs go out back there and me without having to worry about snakes.

Barb M 05-24-2008 09:31 PM

I'm so disappointed...i really thought you were "sewing" a couple of deer, you know, applique deer, quilting, forest scene, etc., but, i truly could not be disappointed, what a gorgeous back yard, to have a forest right outside your door, gorgeous!

henryparrish76 05-24-2008 09:36 PM

oh, LOL
Sorry guess i should have been clearing with the title. my bad.:(:)

and thanks anyways:) hehehe

Barb M 05-24-2008 09:38 PM

hehehe lol had to get ya on that one! lol :)