Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Opportunity quilt for Parkinson's research (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/opportunity-quilt-parkinsons-research-t214885.html)

fxsts93kf 02-26-2013 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pollytink (Post 5890209)
So beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen those tulips/flowers before.....maybe see a closeup?

I would also love to see a closeup! You both did a wonderful job on your quilt! It is stunning!

seams2me 02-28-2013 07:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you everyone for all the kind words and compliments! I'm posting the image from EQ7 so you can see how the block is made. I think it will show you better than a closeup. I used the 1 1/2" finished Creative Curves ruler designed by Virginia A. Walton to cut the curved units. They are sort of like a Drunkard's Path but the corner (concave) pieces are smaller and the pie-shaped (convex) pieces are larger. The idea for the tulips came from a pattern for a table runner that was in some catalog, can't remember which, a few years ago. A few tweaks, some help from EQ and this was the end result.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]398612[/ATTACH]

seams2me 02-28-2013 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by fxsts93kf (Post 5891172)
I would also love to see a closeup! You both did a wonderful job on your quilt! It is stunning!

I posted the EQ7 image in lieu of a closeup. Check out my last post, please. Thanks for all the compliments.

seams2me 02-28-2013 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Pollytink (Post 5890209)
So beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen those tulips/flowers before.....maybe see a closeup?

Thank you for the compliment! I posted the EQ7 image in lieu of a closeup. Please look for my second post. Thanks.

seams2me 02-28-2013 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ngeorgia (Post 5889382)
I like the colors you chose. What is the pattern?

Please see my last post where I included an EQ7 image of the block. There really is not a pattern. The red tulip is the Parkinson's symbol so that sort of dictated color choices. Thank you.

seams2me 02-28-2013 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by KLO (Post 5890719)
Just wanted to thank you and your Aunt for doing this. My Dad died from Parkinson's Disease so I was really pleased to see that you were raffling this off to benefit research on this terrible disease. I hope they find a cure in time to benefit your Uncle. Bless you!

Forgot to mention that it also is a beautiful quilt!

If one's family has not been touched by Parkinson's then they really have no idea how awful this disease can be. My aunt and uncle have a fantastic support group that meets once a month. My uncle always came home saying how blessed he was and how we all needed to really pray for this or that person and/or their family. My sympathies to you for your loss. Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement.

fred singer 02-28-2013 05:15 PM

very nice quilt

QM 02-28-2013 05:17 PM

I hope you raise lots of money with this fine quilt.