Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Over the River black/white quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/over-river-black-white-quilt-t202765.html)

dorismeadows 04-03-2013 01:10 PM

Is this a regular pattern or quilt style? I recently saw one in color. I simply love it and would love to make one. Is there a fabric or template for the picture area of the quilt?

buddy'smom 04-04-2013 07:29 AM

The pattern is from Crab-apple hill. Thanks everyone. I have to just say, please when making this quilt use a thread that stands out amoung the fabric. I seen one done at a quilt show and stunning blues, but the gal used a very light blue floss and it really got lost. Her quilt was gorgeous.

sharin'Sharon 04-04-2013 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom (Post 5573468)
This is my over the river quilt in scrappy black/white, I used a flannel on the back. I had it quilted by thequilteddove in a simple snowflake pattern and so pleased with the results.

Did you use the EZtransfer or use a light box to trace the design onto your fabric for embroidery? I purchased the pattern and fabrics, but haven't had time to get to the embroidery part. Your quilt is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

buddy'smom 04-04-2013 03:59 PM

Thank you, I have a hope chest that has a fabric top, I put the fabric down over the fabric and than I put my ott light over it and it shows up really well.

Originally Posted by sharin'Sharon (Post 5978229)
Did you use the EZtransfer or use a light box to trace the design onto your fabric for embroidery? I purchased the pattern and fabrics, but haven't had time to get to the embroidery part. Your quilt is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Evelynquilts 04-04-2013 04:27 PM

What a pretty quilt :)

quilt-n-girl 04-04-2013 09:22 PM

You did a great job on your quilt, I have never tried a black and white quilt before. Thank you for sharing your quilt with us. That is why I love the quilting board, because you see things on here you would not have thought of doing.

buddy'smom 04-04-2013 10:55 PM

Thank you, I so agree, everyone is so help full on this board, and some awesome ideals as well. My son picked the black/white combo, he seen the pattern and loved the quilt, he said " I want this quillt only in black/white. Him & his girlfriend are now expecting there first baby, Grammie again. I will enter the quilt in the fair this year. I had put some quilts in last year and so pleased that I won some ribbons.

Originally Posted by quilt-n-girl (Post 5978889)
You did a great job on your quilt, I have never tried a black and white quilt before. Thank you for sharing your quilt with us. That is why I love the quilting board, because you see things on here you would not have thought of doing.

misoop 09-05-2013 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by sharin'Sharon (Post 5577869)
I purchased the pattern, floss and fabrics in beige and brown tones, but haven't taken time to get the embroidery design transferred to the fabric. Did you use a light box or EZ transfer? I did buy the EZ transfer, but am hesitant to get started. Your black/white quilt is beautiful and I like the snowflake quilting design. Have seen a lot of b/w quilts here lately and love them. Thanks for sharing.

I am doing this same quilt. I've finished the panels of embroidery, but I haven't started sewing the blocks yet. I transferred the pattern using a light box. Was not hard to do at all. The tracing goes a lot quicker than it looks.

misoop 09-05-2013 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ps 150 (Post 5588742)
I agree. The embroidery seems to be the focal point and it should remain so. It's so beautiful.

You said you might bead your next one. I didn't do that, but I did place a few irredescent (sp???) sparkly sequins here and there and in the capital letters.

buddy'smom 09-05-2013 10:10 AM

Would love to see a picture of your's as well. Yes I want to bead my next one.

Originally Posted by misoop (Post 6275465)
You said you might bead your next one. I didn't do that, but I did place a few irredescent (sp???) sparkly sequins here and there and in the capital letters.