Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Painter's Canvas Drop Cloth Morphs into Quilted Rug (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/painters-canvas-drop-cloth-morphs-into-quilted-rug-t200716.html)

Barb_MO 01-06-2013 05:15 PM

How did you fringe the ends. did you sew on fringe or clip and wash like we do raggy quilts?

Tropical 01-06-2013 07:55 PM

What a clever idea! It looks great! I hope it wears well you. :):):)

cowgirlquilter 01-06-2013 07:56 PM

Wow! How would you clean this?

fayzer 01-06-2013 08:51 PM

How clever you are! Tell me.......does it slip? I have a problem with rugs that slip on my tile floors and my boxer pup would chew those rubber non-slip thingys. I would like to try this.

katesnanna 01-07-2013 04:46 AM

I Spy

2 Attachment(s)
Have never made a floor quilt but made an I spy for DGS that was to spread on the floor when his baby sister arrived. It was to keep him occupied while his mum fed the baby. The first pic is to show the shape of the quilt. I bound it in black. I just wanted something different

Krystyna 01-07-2013 04:55 AM

Like this very much!

needlefruit 01-07-2013 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by needlefruit (Post 5520436)
The canvas drop cloths make wonderful curtains, drapes, etc. Why not a rug? Thought I'd give it a try. Just sewed a tube with one layer of batting (leaving both ends open), turned, quilted, and fringed the ends. Looks pretty good; hope it wears as well!

UPDATE: I've now been using these (made 2) in front of the kitchen sink since September. Since we live in the home of a black Lab, it's important that the daily collection of dog hair vacuum off easily---AND IT DOES. As far as slipping/sliding, that is really not a problem. As you can see, the floor is laminate, so all rugs migrate around some, but these are no more migratory than regular 'backed' rugs. They have been washed a zillion times and still look much the same as the above photo. Someone suggested they'd like to try 'tea dye,' and that sounds like a distinct possibility---just haven't taken the time to do that. All in all, I'm pleased and will make more for bedside rugs.

MimiBug123 01-07-2013 04:43 PM

I used a piece of vinyl flooring left over from my laundry room. I cut it @ 6 x 8 feet and painted a koi pond on the back. It was so cool, most people were afraid to step on it because it looked so real. I used acrylic paints and put a layer of polyurethane on after each coat. It gave it a lot of depth and movement and really, sorta looked like a real pond

stitchengramie 05-14-2014 04:10 AM

I live in a house full of grandkids, a dog, and 4 cats. I would like to try and make this someday in another color. Maybe as a giant quilt block. Oh, My! Got me a thinking now. The wonders are endless.

nana2 05-14-2014 05:27 AM

Thanks for the Post. I too have the wheels turning. Since you mentioned that it quilts well, I am anxious to try making lines, circles, etc with the decorative stitches on my machine. After all I paid good $$$$$$$$ to have a machine with them. Also there was a demo on It's Sew Easy for applique circles on tote bags. Can't wait to get to Lowes or Home Depot.