Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Patchwork Hot Pads by Rhonda (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/patchwork-hot-pads-rhonda-t18743.html)

Rhonda 04-09-2009 01:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thought I would take time to share some of my favorite hot pads that I have made over the last 2 years. They are all gone tho to Kalona as usual.
This is what I spend most of my time doing besides having grandkids every weekend!

The hotpads are my biggest seller at Kalona and the bookmarks are the second best seller. I like to make the bookmarks because they are quicker to do.

Sorry the words go with the red hotpad and the blue hotpad. I got it on the wrong picture and now I can't move it. Oh well!!

This red one was the first one that the fabric ran when I sprayed and ironed it! I never wash fabric and never had a problem before or after.
The blue one a block got turned the wrong way and it sold anyway.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31808[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 04-09-2009 01:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
MORE

Rhonda 04-09-2009 01:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry if I duplicated anything if I did I didn't mean to.

Overlander 04-09-2009 02:07 PM

Hi Rhonda - they are lovely - how big are the Hot Pads? What do you use for the bookmarks - Steam a seam? then satin stitch? Great Job!

pawquilts 04-09-2009 02:25 PM

They are exquisite! You did a wonderful job creating. Just one question, what is Kalona?
-Pat :) :) :)

omak 04-09-2009 02:30 PM

You really have a knack with placing a light in just the right point to make your projects look as though they are sparkling! I don't recall ever seeing anything like it, but your color combinations are impressive!
Thank you for sharing!

Rhonda 04-09-2009 02:32 PM

Sorry I have a habit of shortening my references.. I sell to Yoders Antique and Gift store in Kalona Iowa. It is a town in an Amish area that caters to tourism with an emphasis on quilting. They have quilt blocks on almost every store window and hung in most of the businesses. I went in to the bank up there and they quite often set up the local Amish women in the bank and they quilt on a quilt right there and you can watch and ask questions.

Rhonda 04-09-2009 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Overlander
Hi Rhonda - they are lovely - how big are the Hot Pads? What do you use for the bookmarks - Steam a seam? then satin stitch? Great Job!

My hotpads are 8 1/2" unfinished and 8" or so finished. They may vary a little.

My bookmarks are made with my cut down method and the hotpads are also.
If you want to see some of my methods click on "the cut down method" in my signature below and it will take you to my free teaching site. You will see how to make "Blocks" and use them to make projects.

I did a tutorial for making Bookmarks with my Boston Blocks if you'd like to see it let me know. You can sign up for the Quilted Paradise Newsletter. That is where the tutorials are.

sewnsewer2 04-09-2009 02:44 PM

I love your hot pads!!

CindyBee 04-09-2009 02:53 PM

Those hot pads are hot!