Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Patience Corner - Another Lap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/patience-corner-another-lap-t37153.html)

n2scraplvr 02-16-2010 09:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I saw this antique quilt and just fell in love with it and had to make one. Finished this one last September. I drafted mine by looking at the pic; no pattern. Wanted warm country colors. Will show a pic far away so you can see the graphics and how the light fabrics dance through it. I have handquilted freehand stippling on the right side; have the left side to do now. Hope you enjoy it like I do!

Patience Corner Lap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10770[/ATTACH]

From a distance
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10771[/ATTACH]

My Inspiration Antique Piece
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10772[/ATTACH]

n2scraplvr 02-16-2010 09:23 PM

Here are some more pics for you of the back using lots of scraps up, a close-up of the antique Patience Corner and a view from my house. :D

Margie 02-16-2010 09:24 PM

My goodness, you did a wonderful job of replicating(dont want to say copying) it lol. Very nice job.

Margie

n2scraplvr 02-16-2010 09:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Let's try again for the pics-

Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10473[/ATTACH]

Antique up close
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10474[/ATTACH]

View from my house facing the cornfield
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10475[/ATTACH]

n2scraplvr 02-16-2010 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Margie
My goodness, you did a wonderful job of replicating(dont want to say copying) it lol. Very nice job.

Margie

Thank you, Margie!! I copied it pretty well but didn't want all the red they had in it but it looks close huh? I even turned their picture upright for you to compare! They did a great job (40's I think)! My blocks are all even and lined up but sure don't look like it. The wind was blowing today - must be the wind, hahaha!

:thumbup:

DebraK 02-16-2010 09:47 PM

scappy goodness, mmmm. Love it ;-) The view too!

Sheila Elaine 02-16-2010 10:23 PM

Your antique reproduction looks great. You followed the picture very closely & I can see it, the way the white winds upward. Great work. Happy Quilting.

n2scraplvr 02-16-2010 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by DebraK
scappy goodness, mmmm. Love it ;-) The view too!

Love those scraps! Thanks, DebraK!!

:-D :-D

n2scraplvr 02-16-2010 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Your antique reproduction looks great. You followed the picture very closely & I can see it, the way the white winds upward. Great work. Happy Quilting.

Thank you Sheila Elaine! Had a hard time even finding out the name of the pattern for a long time let alone any info on it. So tried to get the contrast correct also with the light fabrics. It was fun. Thank you!!!

:D :D

SulaBug 02-17-2010 01:00 AM

Wonderful job re-making this lovely antique quilt!! You have done a marvelous job with it. All of the colors are so delightful to look at. Thank you for sharing with all of us!!
:D :D :D :D