Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Patriotic cushions!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/patriotic-cushions-t116295.html)

CoventryUK 04-15-2011 07:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My friends son has a lovely French girlfriend. When we were ot shopping we saw some cushions and my friend said she thought Chrystelle would love them. I came home sorted the fabrics and off I went!! The Union jack is foundation pieced(which I don.t enjoy!! spend more time unsewing!!!) I then decided to do the French Tricolor!! They will be off to Paris next week!!!

craftybear 04-15-2011 07:39 AM

beautiful

QM 04-15-2011 07:44 AM

Those are sure to be a hit. Thanks for sharing them.

Just be glad she is not Mexican.....Just think, a snake held by an eagle which is sitting on a cactus.

QazyQltr 04-15-2011 07:48 AM

Great job on both!!

CoventryUK 04-15-2011 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by QM
Those are sure to be a hit. Thanks for sharing them.

Just be glad she is not Mexican.....Just think, a snake held by an eagle which is sitting on a cactus.

Thanks!!! The Tricolor was great to do!!!!!!

Izy 04-15-2011 09:24 AM

Fantastic Hilary, I know you found doing the Union Jack a pain in the rear but it was worth it, those angles are perfect! These will be well used and treasured forever I am sure :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

CoventryUK 04-15-2011 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Fantastic Hilary, I know you found doing the Union Jack a pain in the rear but it was worth it, those angles are perfect! These will be well used and treasured forever I am sure :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks!!! Won't be doing foundation piecing anytime soon!! :thumbdown: Not my idea of fun! The cushions we saw originally were £35! If I counted the hours I spent on it sewing, ripping out and sewing again I think mine would cost £135!!!! :lol:

CoventryUK 04-15-2011 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Izy

Thanks!!! Won't be doing foundation piecing anytime soon!! :thumbdown: Not my idea of fun! The cushions we saw originally were £35! If I counted the hours I spent on it sewing, ripping out and sewing again I think mine would cost £135!!!! :lol:

Izy 04-15-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK

Originally Posted by Izy

Yes but your attention to detail is second to none narrow red stripe in correct position on each corner ...I checked LOL

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

CoventryUK 04-15-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by CoventryUK

Originally Posted by Izy

Yes but your attention to detail is second to none narrow red stripe in correct position on each corner ...I checked LOL

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blood,sweat and tears!!!! :lol: :lol: