Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   picture of a birthday cake I made last Sunday. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/picture-birthday-cake-i-made-last-sunday-t2208.html)

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-08-2007 07:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the bday cake I made for BIL (at the request of SIL) :D
I wasn't happy with the writing on the hood, and was going to wait for it to dry a bit and pick it off with a toothpick. DH talked me out of it. I was in a big hurry on this one.
#8 Dale Earnhardt JR Budweiser RACE CAR! (yeah, I saw him racing a couple weeks ago!) woo-hoo!

strawberry cake with BC (buttercream)icing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4223[/ATTACH]

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-08-2007 07:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I already shared this one? Well, maybe you missed it if so.

Barbie Doll Cake
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4031[/ATTACH]

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-08-2007 07:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello kitty FBCT (frozen buttercream Transfer)...(BTW, I gave the icing a "trialed" or stucco-type finish--anyway, a non-smooth, jaggedy effect.)

My cousin's Bridal Shower Hello Kitty Cake. Half was RV (red velvet), the other half triple chocolate fudge.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4002[/ATTACH]

Country Quilter 09-08-2007 07:40 AM

Miranda....those are awesome cakes!!!! and I think the writing looks ok too...agree with your hubby!

Black and red are two of the HARDEST colors to obtain for frosting cakes too...at least I always thought so when I did cakes! LOL

lin 09-08-2007 07:42 AM

You did a great job on those cakes Miranda. I didn't think the writing needed to be done over either. Wanted to bite right into all of them. Yummy! :D

amma 09-08-2007 11:47 AM

Beautiful cakes, you did an excellent job on them. Great details and colors, you should be proud of them, thank you for sharing your talent :D

live2teach 09-08-2007 05:11 PM

Miranda, You're too modest. Where's the pictures of the rest of them at? Better be posting them too. LOL

mimisharon 09-08-2007 05:16 PM

Wonderful looking cakes, I have one question, k? I used to do that before my arther got so bad...........how do you do that with the baby there? You give him frosting to play in???

Beautiful cakes and I know the time involved.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-09-2007 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Country Quilter
Miranda....those are awesome cakes!!!! and I think the writing looks ok too...agree with your hubby!

Black and red are two of the HARDEST colors to obtain for frosting cakes too...at least I always thought so when I did cakes! LOL

Thanks!
I definately agree!! BLACK AND RED ARE THE WORST! Seems like I usally have them both to deal with each time...at least always black...
I like a challenge, though.

:D

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-09-2007 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by mimisharon
Wonderful looking cakes, I have one question, k? I used to do that before my arther got so bad...........how do you do that with the baby there? You give him frosting to play in???

Beautiful cakes and I know the time involved.

Thanks

HAHA!
With the baby at my feet, stomping...or running off while I clean my hands to run after him....it just takes a whole lot longer! Sometimes he bumps me, and I have to fix it... sometimes he will sit and watch TV! ? Sometimes I give him some crumbs to eat.
DH was here helping me do the Dale Jr one. I get up really early or stay up really late sometimes while the kids are in bed.