Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pot Holders & Hats (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pot-holders-hats-t108908.html)

Robin H 03-19-2011 09:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here I am with some pot holders I made a few weeks ago. I hesitate to post them because the quilting is barely discernable and the picture quality on my favorite, (the pastry fabric), is really bad so you can't even see how cute it is. I'm not sure what happened with that. I drew an ice cream cone and quilted that on the pastry fabric. I drew and quilted a chile on the chile fabric.

Regarding the car accident, I'm not getting any better, in fact, in some areas I am worse but rather than dwell on that I am doing the best I can to occupy my time. I haven't given up on sewing but since it is such a struggle, I found it easier to re-train myself to knit without using my usless left thumb. This too is a struggle but easier than sitting down to sew and I feel productive rather than useless. I will post the pictures of the hats separately.

A huge thank you to everyone of you that has encouraged me to keep going. I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Pastry Pot Holders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171869[/ATTACH]

Chile Pot Holders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171870[/ATTACH]

tutt 03-19-2011 09:40 AM

They look lovely! I hope that your situation improves. We are so fortunate that there are so many crafts we can do, even though it's not always our first choice!!

Gal 03-19-2011 11:25 AM

These look very neat, love the fabrics, hope your situation gets better as time goes by, and it does take time! My young niece is struggling at present with a bad injury to two fingers on her right hand which she almost cut off, under the lawn mower! (Don't ask me what she was thinking!) It has been many weeks but she is able to control the pain now which means she can sleep better, she is only 23 and newly married, we have all sent her small gifts and words of encouragement which she said has really helped her recovery. I saw your hats on another thread, how beautiful they were, I am not a knitter but I think you did a great job, keep up the good work and keep us posted.
Gal

caliquocat 03-19-2011 11:31 AM

I love the pastry fabric too, it's pretty. So sorry you are having difficulties with your hand. I do hope with proper physical therapy, you will regain full use of it.

beckyw 03-19-2011 11:33 AM

Hope you feel better soon. I love the potholders.

wolfkitty 03-19-2011 12:38 PM

Very nice potholders! Love the fabrics! I'm sorry your are having so much trouble! I hope you recover soon, and that the knitting gets you through.

Fiber Artist 03-19-2011 02:17 PM

Love your potholders.Great job :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D

Robin H 03-20-2011 10:05 AM

Thank you all so very much for your compliments!!!

DAWNROBIN 03-20-2011 11:27 AM

Your potholders are awsome! I really like them! I'm on a potholder kick now and find it difficult to manage right now. I love to knit and crochet too! But making these things called potholders are a challenge to me. I admire your strength!!!!!

midwestqltr 03-21-2011 06:17 AM

Robin H, you are doing a great job with the greatest form of therapy. Keep up the good work! Continued prayers for a speedy recovery.