Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   presentation at quilt guild (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/presentation-quilt-guild-t24615.html)

tlrnhi 08-25-2009 06:15 AM

WOW!!!
to do it by hand would take 6 years!

chickadee_42us 08-25-2009 12:35 PM

Just saw this cutting thing on Alex Anderson's webpage. Interesting - very interesting. Bet it's pricey.

sewjoyce 08-25-2009 06:07 PM

Rose, do you have the GO! cutter or the Studio Cutter??

I have the GO and I just love it but the Studio has many more different dies...

Congrats on standing up in front of people and showing them how to use the cutter. Yeah, I know, it's not difficult when you're in your sewing room but I have a feeling everything would go wrong if I tried to show a bunch of people.... :D :D

amma 08-25-2009 06:14 PM

Sounds like you had a sucessful demonstration and a lucrative sideline started!!! :D :D :D

littlehud 08-25-2009 07:46 PM

That looks like such a cool machine. I'm glad your demo went well. Sound like you could make some money doing this.

JoanneS 08-25-2009 08:54 PM

I had another customer just send me a box of scraps and I cut all of them for her. She had about 2300 hexagons when I got done.!!

Rose
[/quote]

If you're getting paid for this, and I REALLY hope you are, you'll earn back what you paid for it. Just out of curiousity, how much do you charge?

Something we should all think about if we're hankering for one of the dern things!

Rose Hall 08-26-2009 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Rose, do you have the GO! cutter or the Studio Cutter??

I have the GO and I just love it but the Studio has many more different dies...

Congrats on standing up in front of people and showing them how to use the cutter. Yeah, I know, it's not difficult when you're in your sewing room but I have a feeling everything would go wrong if I tried to show a bunch of people.... :D :D

I have the Studio. I had the Mark IV for years, but upgraded last year when I started my business.
Rose

Rose Hall 08-26-2009 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS

I had another customer just send me a box of scraps and I cut all of them for her. She had about 2300 hexagons when I got done.!!

Rose

If you're getting paid for this, and I REALLY hope you are, you'll earn back what you paid for it. Just out of curiousity, how much do you charge?

Something we should all think about if we're hankering for one of the dern things![/quote]

I used to charge custom pricing, but math is not my strong suit, so I simplified it and charge 10 cents/piece if the customer provides the fabric or 30 cents a piece if I provide the fabric. I do not charge extra for shipping, unless its overseas. I also cut paper with my machine--so I do special orders for scrapbooking and card makers. At craft fairs the shapes I cut and bag go really fast also.

Rose

JoanneS 08-26-2009 08:17 PM

[quote=Rose Hall]

Originally Posted by JoanneS

RoseI used to charge custom pricing, but math is not my strong suit, so I simplified it and charge 10 cents/piece if the customer provides the fabric or 30 cents a piece if I provide the fabric. I do not charge extra for shipping, unless its overseas. I also cut paper with my machine--so I do special orders for scrapbooking and card makers. At craft fairs the shapes I cut and bag go really fast also.

Rose

Wow! 2300 pieces x 10 cents each = $230! You'll pay for that Studio fast!
Does the paper dull the cutters faster than fabric? And is there a way to sharpen them?

Rose Hall 08-27-2009 03:54 AM

The dies are guarenteed (sp?? sorry, its early here) for life and paper does not dull them. Originally Accucut was marketed to teachers etc. for bullentin boards etc. I know that is how I first discovered them years ago.
Rose