Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Promised wedding quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/promised-wedding-quilt-t188634.html)

QuiltnNan 05-10-2012 03:41 PM

Promised wedding quilt

5 Attachment(s)
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Shortly before my dear MIL passed away, she pulled this quilt top out of a drawer and asked me to quilt it when her DGD [my niece] got married. It was appliquéd by her mother many, many years ago. The wedding is the end of July and I just finished quilting the top. It still needs binding and a label. I’ve never had borders come out quite this wavy, but I think I can get it to look a little better. I quilted a quarter daisy in the open area corner of each block. In a few of the corners, though, I quilted little surprises.

Does anyone recognize this pattern? I’d love to include some pattern information on the label.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]334376[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]334377[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]334378[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]334379[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]334380[/ATTACH]

coopah 05-10-2012 03:49 PM

The surprises in the corners are so much fun! Your DN will love that you and her Grandmother created this beautiful quilt for her. Lovely!

erstan947 05-10-2012 03:58 PM

Beautiful quilt and precious gift with family history:) Love the quilting♥

barny 05-10-2012 03:58 PM

I really love the quilt and the quilting. I don't know the name of it tho'.

dove911 05-10-2012 04:08 PM

Great quilting! They are going to love that quilt.

tammy cosper 05-10-2012 04:15 PM

I'm sure she will love this! How meaningful.
Tammy

EvelynJ 05-10-2012 04:17 PM

Wow that is wonderful. So beautiful. What a wonderful wedding gift, lots of love from many family members over many years!

Tartan 05-10-2012 04:26 PM

I need my kleenex! :(That is such a wonderful gift for your niece.

BizzieLizzie 05-10-2012 04:51 PM

Gorgeous quilt! Love the quilting and what a lovely keepsake! It will be a treasured quilt! :)

burchquilts 05-10-2012 10:19 PM

What a wonderful, thoughtful gift! I know she'll love & treasure it! I also know I've seen this pattern before but can't remember the name of it to save my soul. Some sort of basket? Flower Basket? May Basket? Posy Basket?