Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The purpose of a quilt..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/purpose-quilt-t40095.html)

janice4 03-20-2010 08:29 AM

6 Attachment(s)
A lady recently posted her son under his quilt she made.. it is a picture of him wrapped in love. It warms your heart to see someone so happy with a quilt we have spend time working on specifically for them. We post our quilt pictures here but not often those under them receiving the warmth and love we are giving. I am proposing we do that today.. in honor of National Quilt Day . Here are some of my people under their gift of love.

My mom trying out a quilt she and I made for a friend
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18812[/ATTACH]

Rascal cat with his new quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18813[/ATTACH]

This is me wrapped in the love of a group who made me a healing hearts quilt when my son died.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18814[/ATTACH]

This is a friend wrapped in love ;)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18815[/ATTACH]

Mom wrapped in love I made this for her when I leqanred she had lunch cancer surgery scheduled..update she is fine :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19030[/ATTACH]

My daughter years ago trying out the new scrappy flower quilt...every square different and fabrics sent from all over the world.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19031[/ATTACH]

Katia 03-20-2010 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a great idea ! I have not made many quilts but I think taking a picture of the quilt with the person you give it too is such a good idea.

My grandson wanted a quilt for Christmas this past year, but did not tell me in time to really do anything of that size, so I made him a blanket made from an Air Force panel of fleece. I also made him a bunch of pillows. My daughter has since repainted his whole room to match the blanket ! And completely redecorated his room. Now at least I have a color idea for his quilt next year.

Colin under the pool table with his blanket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18961[/ATTACH]

janice4 03-20-2010 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Katia
What a great idea ! I have not made many quilts but I think taking a picture of the quilt with the person you give it too is such a good idea.

My grandson wanted a quilt for Christmas this past year, but did not tell me in time to really do anything of that size, so I made him a blanket made from an Air Force panel of fleece. I also made him a bunch of pillows. My daughter has since repainted his whole room to match the blanket ! And completely redecorated his room. Now at least I have a color idea for his quilt next year.

Sweet I love this !!

joeyoz 03-20-2010 09:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a wonderful idea. I had fun with this quilt, collecting the fun fabrics in bright colors. It is a Stack the Deck.

My neice Sabrina and her daddy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18947[/ATTACH]

Rebecca VLQ 03-20-2010 10:11 AM

I'm lovin' that daddy wrapped in a pink quilt!!!

DebraK 03-20-2010 10:16 AM

What a beautiful thread. I hope more people add their quilts being used.

Candace 03-20-2010 11:43 AM

Very neat thread.

janice4 03-20-2010 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by joeyoz
This is a wonderful idea. I had fun with this quilt, collecting the fun fabrics in bright colors. It is a Stack the Deck.

Very sweet picture and gorgeous quilt

janice4 03-20-2010 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by joeyoz

I like how you did the binding too !

T-Bones mom 03-21-2010 06:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two quilts I made for a friends grandchildren. These are two of the first quilts I made so they are not the best but the kids love them and that is what quilting is all about.

Cooper with her quilt named Coopers garden
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20831[/ATTACH]

Kael with his quilt named Kaels ride with daddy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20832[/ATTACH]