Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   QB Table Runner Contest --- WINNERS ANNOUNCED (PAGE 1) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/qb-table-runner-contest-winners-announced-page-1-a-t160999.html)

patricej 10-17-2011 01:13 AM

HOW TO VOTE:

1. Votes must be cast by email to [email protected]
Vote by email only, using the subject line. The subject line must read:

Table Runner - I Vote For #[insert entry number here]

2. State your board name in the body of the email.
3. Votes posted as comments in this topic will not count.
4. Votes sent by private message will not count.
5. Votes emailed that don't have the correct subject line and your board name in the body will not count.

Only one vote per voter, please.

VOTING CLOSED AT MIDNIGHT, 21 OCT 11, EASTERN US TIME

1st PLACE ... ENTRY #4
2nd PLACE ... ENTRY #3

patricej 10-17-2011 01:14 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Entry #1

JNCT14

Design is a Queen’s Crown from Quilter’s Cache. Thanks to Deb Watkins who gave me the inspiration to use the pattern.
Machine pieced, hand and machine quilted (by me!)

patricej 10-17-2011 01:16 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Entry #2

Nikki.

I did the piecing and quilting myself. My final measurements were 46x16.5”.

The pattern is: Woven Tumbler Blocks, Reversible Table Runner or Placemats by Dream Weaver Patterns (DreamWeaverPatterns.com)

I purchased the pattern at 3 Dudes Quilting in Phoenix, AZ. (3dudesquilting.com) It took me one trip to buy the pattern and a year later I was in the store again and purchased the fabrics.

patricej 10-17-2011 01:18 AM

8 Attachment(s)
SECOND PLACE - #3

ManiacQuilter2

Name of Pattern: Bargello Table Runner
Book : Twist & Turn Bargello Quilts
Author: Eileen Wright

I wasn't impress with the color choices in the book so I thought to try the pattern with Christmas fabrics. This is a really easy pattern for people who have this design listed on their bucket list. I wanted to try something different for the backing. I had heard a lot of chat on the board with the disappearing 9 patch so I thought that it would work as a backing. Some of my best backings where enlarging standard blocks. I was VERY lucky that the final backing size was just 2 inches longer and wider than the quilt. I used a Multi Color YLI thread on the backing and solid Rayon thread for the front. I cut a 2" double fold binding..

patricej 10-17-2011 01:20 AM

7 Attachment(s)
FIRST PLACE - #4

WOODY

"The table runner is a pattern by Disa Designs called "Santa Surprise""

patricej 10-17-2011 01:21 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Entry #5

QuilterMomma

I do not know the name of the pattern or the designer but purchased at my local quilt shop. Will let you know if I can find it.

patricej 10-17-2011 01:23 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Entry #6

sarahrachel

Pattern: A Quilter's Puzzle (mystery quilt) from Quick and Easy Quilting issue December 1999 (final issue, I don't have the first 2 parts and made it up from what I could see)

Painiacs 10-17-2011 02:57 AM

Wow!! So hard to choose!!

DeeBooper 10-17-2011 03:36 AM

very pretty entries

QUILTNMO 10-17-2011 04:10 AM

wow great entries will be hard to pick lol