Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt Back and Labels (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-back-labels-t56447.html)

quiltsRfun 07-26-2010 11:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
These are some pictures of the back of a quilt I made for my granddaughter. When I found the fabric I wanted to use there wasn't enough so I did a pieced back with some leftover fabric from the front. This was my first venture with free motion quilting. I was pleased with the results, but I wouldn't want anyone to look too closely.

You may be able to see all the labels I sewed into the binding. This granddaughter has a fascination with labels and always looks for them on her MeMe (the name for her blanket). So I decided to include a few instead of just one.

back of quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70221[/ATTACH]

bar code showing date (completed a while ago but just getting posted)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70222[/ATTACH]

My personal message
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70223[/ATTACH]

quiltsRfun 07-26-2010 11:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here's the last label. I machine embroidered her initials on this one. There were a few other labels with personal information that I chose not to post. With the exception of the embroidered initials all the labels were printed on my home printer. We have two printers and one is more permanent than the other. I printed test samples to see which one would not wash out.

I also had to practice the machine embroider to choose a font and to get the shading I liked using the variegated thread. All in all I was pleased with the results and may do this again for a child's quilt.

Embroidered initials
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70224[/ATTACH]

lindyline 07-27-2010 02:18 AM

What a wonderful idea. I also have a grand daughter who is fascinated with labels. So you mind if I borrow yur idea??

barnbum 07-27-2010 03:00 AM

Ooo--love that back!!

I always feel guilty for never labeling a quilt when I see the nice things you all do. :wink:

Winnona 07-27-2010 03:26 AM

Beautiful Quilt !!
I love your idea with the labels!

katier825 07-27-2010 03:37 AM

What a great idea! What did you do on the edges of the labels? Did you treat them somehow to prevent raveling?

LeeAnn 07-27-2010 03:57 AM

Very pretty & great quilting.

ellenmg 07-27-2010 05:47 AM

Stunning! I hate the idea of piecing a back but you have given me new hope!!!! And some great new ideas.... I am going to save the pic if you don't mind, for reference...My brain just doesn;t hold everything anymore....
What loft batting did you use? It looks like more than low loft....
Ellen :thumbup:

reach for the stars 2 07-27-2010 06:11 AM

Looks great and I love the lables, a wonderful way to make lables

Quilter7x 07-27-2010 06:19 AM

If I have to piece a back, I don't want people to be able to tell that I had to do that. This design is perfect for stretching a backing fabric you wanted to use. :thumbup:

I love your labels all over the place and I'm sure your GD will love them too. What a wonderful personal touch that is. :)