Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt Inspectors Out Trick or Treating ... a quilted ensemble! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-inspectors-out-trick-treating-quilted-ensemble-t233465.html)

QuiltE 10-28-2013 11:44 AM

Quilt Inspectors Out Trick or Treating ... a quilted ensemble!

8 Attachment(s)
My family room has gone into full HALLOWEEN mode! :)

First, I started with a panel that I found while on a Shop Hop this summer. The centre was just too cute, that I "had" to get it, even though I do not use panels! Never, say never, right? So I took the centre panel, then started adding to it to create this. I want to say a big THANK YOU to our Resident Halloween-o-phobe Works4Me for her influence towards my first Halloween quilt, coming into being (again a never-say-never result ... I always said, Autumn yes, Halloween specific no!!) And yes, W4Me, take note ... spider webs and "first"!!!!

Thus "Quilt Inspectors Out Trick or Treating" came into being ....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443810[/ATTACH]

You'll notice some pretty rough FMQ ... I allowed myself to go beyond meanders/stipples and straight line quilting to try outlining and the scallops on the square-in-a-squares. Not sure if you can see the FMQ grass I "invented"? Not the best, as I said, but I am happy with my first dabble in these. Likewise for the following runners and mug rugs to follow. They'll be good items to bring out every year, to see how my quilting has progressed (or digressed?). :D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443813[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]443811[/ATTACH]

Even did some ruler work around the stars.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443812[/ATTACH]

Then, there's those extra designs that are often included in a panel ... what to do?
So I figured, why not make a couple of runners to coordinate? :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443816[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]443817[/ATTACH]

There were still more in the panel trimmings.
Mug Rugs would be a good asset.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443818[/ATTACH]

The backings were in this print which I'd picked up several years ago, just because it was a "good deal" at the time! The 2nd runner has the green for the backing. Net effect to the stash ... only crumbs left of the panel, orange print backing, the green blender and the purple spider webs!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443819[/ATTACH]

And yes ... those are my big feet showing up regularly, throughout! :D:D:D

HAPPY HALLOWEEN Everyone!!
!

dunster 10-28-2013 11:59 AM

I love your Halloween projects! You win the prize for maximum (very creative) use of a panel.

Anael 10-28-2013 12:00 PM

I don't do Halloween either but if I would have seen that panel, I would have bought it too. It's hilarious :D :D Great quilting QuiltE :)

lynnie 10-28-2013 12:00 PM

a BIG OMG I love it. such cute kitties, the quilt came out great as did the runner and rugs.
i'd love to find a panel like that one. it's just too cute for words. you did it justice

starshine 10-28-2013 12:02 PM

Too cute! Looks like you're ready for a fun time!

QuiltE 10-28-2013 12:05 PM

Anael ... Thanks for the compliments though I can only aspire to be a smidgeon as good as you are at FMQing! I thought that this might brighten your day and help you feel a little better!!! :D

Dunster ... I just couldn't let the extras go to waste! :)

Looks like I should have scooped the whole bolt of that panel ... and sold them back to everyone!
:D:D:D:D:D
**putting my thinking cap back on to try to remember where I got it!**

MamaBear61 10-28-2013 12:23 PM

Great Halloween décor QuiltE. That panel is too cute :-)

QuiltnNan 10-28-2013 12:53 PM

wow, you've been busy. great job and so cute

BrendaK 10-28-2013 01:51 PM

You did good girl. They all are super. Thanks for sharing all your ideas. BrendaK

Tweety2911 10-28-2013 01:56 PM

Wonderfully fun projects!!