Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt In Progress! Need some opinions please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-progress-need-some-opinions-please-t182884.html)

quiltsforme 03-15-2012 10:53 AM

Quilt In Progress! Need some opinions please

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, This is the quilt that I am working on. To say the least, it hasn't been a fun quilt to do. The pattern instructions were incorrect in several parts, and had to figure out and make my own adjustments for it to work. You will see that the center block is a cream color..In the original pattern, the center is suppose to be the dark floral also. I did make this mistake on my own. I'm wondering if anyone has any good ideas as to what to do with this center block. It is 16". I've thought abou appliquing something, then, even thought about appliquing a floral block over the cream...please help...
Thanks for your time and thoughts.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320072[/ATTACH]

darlenedowns 03-15-2012 10:58 AM

applique is the answer embroidery is good as well either a floral or maybe a saying of some kind
however it does look nice the way it is
You have done a very nice job

quiltsforme 03-15-2012 10:58 AM

I mentioned appliquing a floral block over the cream, i meant to say the floral fabric over the cream...sorry

orangeroom 03-15-2012 10:58 AM

I think if you punch up the quilting in that center block you don't need to embellish it in any other way. You did a fine job on this quilt! Congratulations. Look at it as a piece of art, not how much of a pain in the butt it was.

feline fanatic 03-15-2012 11:15 AM

I agree with Orangeroom, the center of your star is just the place to showcase some beautiful quilting. I think a double feather wreath in that space would be simply exquisite. Light colors that read solid really show off the quilting!

quiltsforme 03-15-2012 12:14 PM

I think a double feather wreath would be lovely. However, I will be quilting it on my sewing machine, and I fear that I would not be able to accomplish this. What do you think of this idea?.....Have a star drawn on the block, and do heavy quilting around it, so that the star stands out?..Do you think this would work, or do you think stippling would look better...still open for ideas..thanks

ckcowl 03-15-2012 12:35 PM

the center of the center block is a perfect (canvas) for beautiful quilting. you could simply find a quilting pattern you really like that compliments the quilt and use that in the center- it is beautiful- and quilting would only add to that :)

mighty 03-15-2012 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5062927)
the center of the center block is a perfect (canvas) for beautiful quilting. you could simply find a quilting pattern you really like that compliments the quilt and use that in the center- it is beautiful- and quilting would only add to that :)

I so agree!

yngldy 03-15-2012 04:31 PM

You could put a square on point in the center, to make it look like a square in a square.