Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt Top - Color Wheel 101 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-top-color-wheel-101-a-t144638.html)

Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops 08-12-2011 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a very controlled scrappy. I first sorted for the color blocks, which was pretty easy and then the gray progression to the light center was quite a challenge for me! Gray can go toward green, blue, purple, etc. and getting a good color progression took looks of fabric auditioning and looking at them through my binoculars. Yes, I look at blocks and colors that are on my design floor through the wrong end of my binoculars to get some distance from the work and get a better overview. As long as no one looks in the window and sees me staring at the floor through the wrong end of my binoculars, all is well!

mimom 08-12-2011 10:55 AM

stunning

sparkys_mom 08-12-2011 10:56 AM

LOL! And when someone finally does see you doing that we'll hope your cell is padded with all these wonderful quilts. This is another stunner.

cdarts2 08-12-2011 11:00 AM

You worked hard and it shows. Wonderful.

Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops 08-12-2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom
LOL! And when someone finally does see you doing that we'll hope your cell is padded with all these wonderful quilts. This is another stunner.

Sounds fine to me - I'll take them off the walls, take out the seams and start all over again and make something new :) Wait, that's kind of what I'm doing with scrap quilting already.....hummmmm.....and you say they would fix my meals for me....hummmmm

Conniebury 08-12-2011 11:09 AM

Beautiful! and great idea using the binoculars!

sparkys_mom 08-12-2011 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops

Sounds fine to me - I'll take them off the walls, take out the seams and start all over again and make something new :) Wait, that's kind of what I'm doing with scrap quilting already.....hummmmm.....and you say they would fix my meals for me....hummmmm

Downside is I don't think you'll be allowed any sharp objects. :)

Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops 08-12-2011 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops

Downside is I don't think you'll be allowed any sharp objects. :)

Glad you said that, I was just planning how I could get to that padded cell. See, you're thinking ahead :)

montanajan 08-12-2011 11:30 AM

You have a special eye for color combinations - truly a fabric artist.

Monika 08-12-2011 11:35 AM

That is beatiful!!!!