Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilts done in 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilts-done-2012-a-t210503.html)

spartan quilter 01-08-2013 08:41 PM

Quilts done in 2012

4 Attachment(s)
I have been sort of busy over the past year, and know that I did post some of these quilts, way back when, but will see how many I can post this evening.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386923[/ATTACH]
I gave this one to my granddaughter, for her graduation quilt. I did just post it also a few days ago, when someone requested pictures of variations on the Drunkard Path pattern. My sister remarked that it reminded her of the Pac-man game.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386924[/ATTACH]
I gave this one to a SIL, who is always BORROWING his wife's or their kids. The front is made of flannel and cotton and I made it extra long, because he stands about 6 ft 3. He loved it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386926[/ATTACH]
I gave this one to my other SIL. Last year, I had made his wife, the Day & Night [or vice versa] quilt from Eleanor Burns, and so I took the scrap pieces and put this one together. He was pretty excited about it. Another hubby who BORROWED the wife and daughter's quilts.
I will close out this post and start another with more quilts. Thanks for looking

spartan quilter 01-08-2013 08:50 PM

Quilts for 2012-Second group

3 Attachment(s)
So, here is another group of quilts that I finished this past year.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386927[/ATTACH]
This has to be the hardest quilt I have ever done. To begin with, the dresden plate was a challenge to me. Then, I did it in a satin type material, so a lot of fraying. But happy with the final result. I gave this to friends who celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386928[/ATTACH]
I gave this to a friend, and just sort of made up the pattern as I went along. I started out with the 4 blocks of light colored poinsettia fabric, which were not square. Added the red sashing, to define them, and then the dark green borders to set it all off. Turned out better than I had thought it would and she was happy with it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386929[/ATTACH]
This was a baby quilt I made for a great-niece, whose family are really into horses. Her big sister is claiming it.
Enough for this post. Will add more to a third post.

spartan quilter 01-08-2013 08:57 PM

quilts for 2012- Part 3

3 Attachment(s)
These are the 3 quilts that I gave away at 3 different family gatherings this past summer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386930[/ATTACH]
That is my oldest brother and his wife, who had just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in March, and myself and hubby with them. Yes, I am wearing that orange shirt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386931[/ATTACH]
This 4 patch posey went to a cousin of my husband, and I chose this pattern, because it was a Posey family reunion. She was sure happy with it. I will probably always use this pattern, because depending on the fabric, they all come out so different.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386932[/ATTACH]
And here is the last one, received by my cousin's daughter. Gee, I must like that shirt, because I am wearing it again.
Thanks for looking.

Vanuatu Jill 01-08-2013 09:02 PM

Yes I would say you have been busy!! They are all very nice!

spartan quilter 01-08-2013 09:08 PM

quilts for 2012-Part 4

3 Attachment(s)
So, if I am thinking correctly, this should be the last group. Now if I can just remember which ones I posted already and not repost. lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386933[/ATTACH]
Gave this one to a co-worker who had to retire unexpectedly, due to health issues. But fast and easy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386934[/ATTACH]
Gave this one to a great-niece, because I wanted to try this pattern, and it just seemed right to give it to her.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386935[/ATTACH]
And this one went to her little brother, who started school this fall. The blue print is school oriented, and it seemed right to give it to him.
Thanks again for looking and now, maybe, I can get back to my Dear Jane. lol

spartan quilter 01-08-2013 09:11 PM

Sorry about the double post, but at least in the second picture, you can see the fleece that I used on the back. Yes, I live in the upper midwest, and we are Vikings fans around here. lol

mighty 01-08-2013 09:16 PM

You do really beautiul work. Boy you have been really busy!!!!

BizzieLizzie 01-08-2013 09:19 PM

Gorgeous quilts. You have been giving your machine a good workout his past year! :)

Teddybear Lady 01-08-2013 09:20 PM

Love the quilts and your shirt! You bring a ray of sunshine into the picture!

QuiltnNan 01-09-2013 04:37 AM

super busy, for sure! very nicely done.