Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilts from the local fair (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilts-local-fair-t197477.html)

Sewnoma 08-12-2012 10:09 PM

Quilts from the local fair

9 Attachment(s)
Some of these pictures are pretty awful, so apologies for the poor photography! I thought I would share some of my favorites from the local fair. Unfortunately they had them hanging really high up so I had a hard time getting proper focus and lighting but hopefully you can see them well enough...

Love the colors on this one and the piecing is so well done. It didn't have any ribbons on it but I think it deserved one!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355224[/ATTACH]

Dachshunds! How cute! I like the couple that are facing backwards.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355225[/ATTACH]

This one I think I saw at the guild show too - it's so busy and there's so much to look at, my eyes just roam and roam. I keep finding different "stories" in it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355226[/ATTACH]

Loved the ocean theme on this one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355227[/ATTACH]

This was in the novice category but the points are amazingly perfect.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355229[/ATTACH]

I LOVE the colors on this one. It inspires me. I love how they brought the colors out into the border too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355230[/ATTACH]

On this one, I really like how the center looks luminous - I want to work on getting this effect in my quilts. (This is the one I voted for.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355231[/ATTACH]

I just thought this was cute. All the fabrics are skull/skeleton theme too. It must have taken forever to piece all those little hexagons!! I don't know if you can tell but this is a pretty big quilt - twin size at least.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355232[/ATTACH]

And last but not least, this one was submitted by one of the local guilds. This one is magazine-worthy if you ask me. Amazing!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355234[/ATTACH]

quiltingcandy 08-12-2012 10:21 PM

They are all stunning. Thank you for sharing the photos.

burchquilts 08-12-2012 10:38 PM

My word! What stunning quilts! And lucky me... thanks to a nice quilting friend, I got to go to a fabulous quilt show in my jammies!

Sandygirl 08-13-2012 03:38 AM

The pics are great..the quilts are wonderful! I wish our fair would find a way to properly display the entries. They hang them..folded, in dry cleaner plastic-like bags. I realize that this keeps the dust off of them but you cannot see the full quilt nor read who made it. They hang behind the counters. I also figure that this whole set up is due to the lack of volunteers willing / available to be with the quilts and oversee their safety. Always disappointed that I can't ever really see the quilt or the labels,etc.
sandy

Diane007 08-13-2012 03:47 AM

thanks for sharing the pictures.
I really like the dog quilt...

#1piecemaker 08-13-2012 03:57 AM

Absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!!!

ssgirly 08-13-2012 04:13 AM

Thanks for sharing! I think the black and rainbow colored one is my favorite!

BeckySt 08-13-2012 04:17 AM

Those are great. Thanks for sharing.

patsynel 08-13-2012 04:21 AM

What talented people.... Gorgeous quilts.

QuiltnNan 08-13-2012 04:45 AM

thanks for sharing. I totally agree on the first and last ones!