Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Ragged flannels--a hug to go. Great gifts!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ragged-flannels-hug-go-great-gifts-t3295.html)

barnbum 11-23-2007 07:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I've made a lot of these--brainless--perfect for after teaching all day when I'm incapable of making any more decisions. :wink:

I have learned to keep a lot of squares quilted and piled so when I need one I can whip it together in a few nights. This happened twice in Sept/October.

The first was for a student who was diagnosed with a brain tumor on a Friday, and had it operated on the next day. He's fine. But I thought a ragged flannel would help get him back to school faster. He returned in record time--even came back early when the doc said he'd give him permission to stay out a week longer. :lol:

The second went to my barn buddy (and former student)--her dad told me she had lost the piece of blanket she kept in her backpack (secretly)--and since she has just started middle school--it was poor timing. So, I made her a quick ragged flannel--too big for the backpack, but comforting for when she's at home.

The 3rd one is one I made for a student a few years ago--her dad was headed into surgery for cancer and it was unsure if he'd survive--so I made her a "hug-to-go" too. He's fine today--so far. :)

More to come....

joy 11-23-2007 09:35 PM

What a great idea - and it is easy quilting too, which I could manage.... well done....

ShellyQ 11-24-2007 01:04 AM

Great Raggy quilts, Love the colours you've used in these :thumbup:

Rebecca Chambley 11-24-2007 02:41 AM

You are such a giving and caring person. It was really very caring of you to give your work out so freely, to people who where in need of a hug from the heart. You really reached out in a very gentle and caring way. You touch lives, and most important, You touched their hearts. Heart felt memories, last a life time.

Denise 11-24-2007 08:41 AM

Beautiful, beautiful.

amma 11-24-2007 09:01 AM

Wonderful quilts, you have a very generous and caring heart! Good Job! :D :D :D

susan s. 11-24-2007 09:38 AM

Thos do look cozy. I am going to do some ragged ones. with flannel and denim. Esp for the boys I think they would be more ruffed and durable also.

gg4aden 02-06-2012 09:13 AM

I am new to quilting and I'm fasinated with this quilt. Where do I get directions on how to do it?

Mariah 02-06-2012 09:20 AM

Rag quilt you made...

Very pretty, and you have a great system for getting a quilt done in record time. I learn so much on the board that is sooooooooooo helpful Someone wrote in to cut 5" strips, then later you have the start of 5" blocks. That and yours are definitely ideas I will adopt!!
Mariah

99-Quilters 02-06-2012 11:15 AM

Beautiful ...make with love I can tell. Good job and I love your color selections.

Where can I find the instructions on How to make a Rag Quilt.
and what size were these quilts.
Good Job !!!
Thanks 99-quilts