Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Reclaimed fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/reclaimed-fabrics-t104266.html)

GrannieAnnie 03-01-2011 11:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some of the fabrics I've bought as other items----------with generous use of a seam ripper!

First pic is blue/brown sheet set about a dollar.
bird fabric was curtains, somewhat faded but too cute to leave behind. @$1
Stripe is a sheet set--used but will make a decent back for a charity quilt.

Second is a blue plaid sheet set, the print is the $2 Dan River sheet that is now a summer dress and this is the leftover.
Pink is someone's attempt at curtains. I've got almost a bag full--$3

The third is the $2 sheet I recently bought at Goodwill. Brand new. Pink and roses aren't my favorites, but this was too good to pass up.

the brown adn blue plaid was a sheet set--about a $1 Bird fabric was curtains, about a $1, stripe is a sheet set about a dollar (in a $5 bag)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]126931[/ATTACH]

BETTY62 03-01-2011 11:18 PM

Very nice fabric at a great bargin. Good for you.

Pickles 03-01-2011 11:32 PM

Wow some great Fabrics and you can't beat those prices.
Love them all :D :thumbup:

Granna of 5 03-02-2011 01:43 AM

Nothing makes you feel better than to find bargains like that. You got a great haul.

quiltgrammyt2 03-02-2011 03:05 AM

Some great finds, LOVE the bird fabric :thumbup:

Sharon M 03-02-2011 04:09 AM

Great bargains :thumbup: It pays to think outside of the box.

GrannieAnnie 03-02-2011 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by quiltgrammyt2
Some great finds, LOVE the bird fabric :thumbup:

it's a bit faded since it was previously curtains. Not sure what to do with it.

LauraEllen 03-02-2011 08:08 AM

What a great way to be a "green" quilter!

Elisabrat 03-02-2011 08:24 AM

That is so funny you aren't hot on the pink and roses and that is my favorite one. The birds are pretty great too. I use fabric like that also.. sometimes there is a pretty neat patterned tropical shirt I wouldnt be caught dead wearing but works marvelously for other fabric projects. Or a western shirt? you can find fabrics that you can't buy in the store .. its nice to reuse things like that.

GrannieAnnie 03-02-2011 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
That is so funny you aren't hot on the pink and roses and that is my favorite one. The birds are pretty great too. I use fabric like that also.. sometimes there is a pretty neat patterned tropical shirt I wouldnt be caught dead wearing but works marvelously for other fabric projects. Or a western shirt? you can find fabrics that you can't buy in the store .. its nice to reuse things like that.

my sis in law likes pink and roses. Soooooooooo far, we've not got one single grandDAUGHTER among us siblings. Got a new one on the way and since the daddy is one of two brothers and the fraternal grandpa is one of two brothers and the daddies determine what flavor we get--------------I'm not saving the pink roses for a granddaughter. lol

DD is due in August and isn't going to find out what that sex is until B-DAY!