Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Red Quilt top (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/red-quilt-top-t435.html)

Yvonne 01-13-2007 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Experimenting here. Seeing if I can do this. :?:

This is one of my projects that is waiting to be quilted. It's only been on hold for a little over a year now. This is the year that I hope I can finally decide how to quilt it. Suggestions?

Okay, here I go. Let's see if I can do this. If not...

Oh, that's our little (18 pound) kitty, Kimchee. He's the official quilt inspector at our house.

SewSew2 01-13-2007 07:45 PM

Wow!!! love that quilt it is beautiful. Looking at the tiny points and one day hope to be able to do that my self. You really did a wonderful job with your fabric and colors.
Beth

Boo 01-14-2007 02:32 AM

Yvonne, very very nice! As for a quilting pattern, I would concider an over all design. The quilt itself is too busy to show off quilting and would be lost. It never hurts to age a top a bit, gives you a chance to look at it with fresh eyes when thinking of a quilting design. As I am sure you know, kitties are the best quilt inspectors. Mine help me find loose threads. :lol:

Leslee 01-14-2007 06:31 PM

Excellent job, Yvonne! Those are my kind of colors...I'd love to know where you shop! All those little orchids, birds of paradise...beautiful! :D Give Kimchee a hug for me.

Minda 01-16-2007 01:44 PM

Yvonne, Your quilt is beautiful. Love your choice of fabrics and your cat!!

Yvonne 01-16-2007 07:32 PM

Thank you all for the kind words. They are most appreciated!

Hopefully I can get back into the sewing room soon and do some quilting on it. Hey, it could happen! :lol: It's only been a year of comtemplation!
(we decided contemplation sounded so much better than procrastination!) :D

ButtercreamCakeArtist 01-17-2007 08:53 AM

OOOH! I love red! I like how you've used contrasting colors. It's beautiful!!!!!!

Very nice work!
:D

annette 01-20-2007 05:58 PM

Hi Yvonne, I saw the picture of your quilt you made in Dec. or Jan.and it is beautiful, will you please let me know what book or web site you got this pattern from,please write me back.

Edited by Boo to remove email addy.

Boo 01-20-2007 06:34 PM

Just a note from your moderator:

Please realize you are on the World Wide Web and it is never a good idea to publish personal info such as your e-mail addy. A safer way to transmit this type of information would be in Private Message or email through the members profile.
Click on the person's name to send either a PM or Email.

Yvonne 01-20-2007 09:09 PM

Annette, I found this pattern in my local quilt store.
It's called

Big Blossom Trio by Diane Weber ... Sew Biz
Published by Make It Easy sewing & crafts.
A Quilt Woman.com Company

www.quiltwoman.com

Hope you can find the pattern. It was a fun one to make. Very quick and easy. Now, time to quilt it. Soon!