Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Rhonda Rhonda Rhonda (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/rhonda-rhonda-rhonda-t113870.html)

cheryl rearick 04-05-2011 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is not a 12-1/2" this is not a 9-1/2" but it is a 6-1/2"

Yes, I did use Rhonda's method. BUT I forgot to cut a little big as she did in her tutorial and it was not coming out right. So I scaled down and used a 2-1/2" instead of her 3-1/2" That is why it's so small. This is also my first time of actually sewing triangles and having them come out right.

Jim's Gem 04-05-2011 09:13 PM

Very pretty block!!
did you use Rhonda's cut down method to make it?

connie d 04-05-2011 09:14 PM

I love the colors.:):)

Susan_Sews 04-05-2011 09:17 PM

that pattern(Card Tricks) was our block of the month last month @ Guild. I won all the blocks. It was fun. Nice Job.

cheryl rearick 04-05-2011 09:20 PM

Thank you ladies.... way to go Susan... :)

amma 04-05-2011 09:32 PM

Very pretty and tiny too :D:D:D

Rhonda 04-05-2011 09:37 PM

YES You did it!!! Look at all those points connecting as they should and I see great 1/2" between your points and the edge of your block! That makes it look so much better when you can end up with that space between the points and your edge of the quilt block. No lost points when you sew the quilt block to sashing or another quilt block.

You did goooood girl!!! Now be honest. What did you think of the process?

cheryl rearick 04-05-2011 09:48 PM

Well, to be honest it was super easy. I only forgot to allow for added material in the beginning... I was going to cut another set out and do it right but thought hey I can down scale to next size. That is why it's so small. It went togather like pp&j.... Thank you for the tutorial on Card Trick. Like I said I can't wait to get computer in my room so I can try some of your other blocks. really awesome. Thank you. :)

Rhonda 04-05-2011 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
Well, to be honest it was super easy. I only forgot to allow for added material in the beginning... I was going to cut another set out and do it right but thought hey I can down scale to next size. That is why it's so small. It went togather like pp&j.... Thank you for the tutorial on Card Trick. Like I said I can't wait to get computer in my room so I can try some of your other blocks. really awesome. Thank you. :)

It looks terrific!! Your fabric choices are great. I love to see how people choose fabrics. I'm glad it was easy once you figured out the triangle sizes. Good troubleshooting fix too to go smaller.

At 6 1/2" you could add borders and make a hot pad or make a makeup bag out of it. It would make a great mug rug! Lots of good ideas for using your new Quilt Block!!

blossom808 04-05-2011 10:37 PM

You did it. Nice, I want to make one of those, I want to try her tute too. she explaned it very well. I have it bookmarked. Good going.