Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/round-robin-2012-2013-pictures-t196452.html)

Judith1005 08-12-2012 06:46 AM

Hi all, just coming to say hello and check in. I am going to be super busy the next week. I have a few things to finish up. Then I will be able to give my full attention to Jillnjo's beautiful center. I'm pretty sure of what I want to do so far. I have my fabric all set. I am going to do a demo of the border before I attach to make sure it's going to work out like I planned. But, I will check back later to say Hello. And show a finished project with you. It's for my grandbaby. It won't be long bhttp://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...r/SAM_0613.jpgefore he's here.
I think they came out just darlin. I am getting so excited. Yall have a good Sunday. (I have to get back to work.)

jillnjo 08-12-2012 09:57 AM

Very cute, Judith! Is this your first grandbaby?

I have peaches off our trees to take care of and tomatos to harvest. This week looks very full. I cleaned up my sewing room when I completed the blocks for a wedding gift and now I'm waiting to start the next big mess! (In my kitchen and my sewing room!).

I can only wonder what you are planning to add to my center!! I know I'll love it!

It's such a beautiful Sunday here. Sunny, cool and not dry anymore!

sewhappy30 08-13-2012 03:53 PM

I received Paula's center over the weekend. It is just beautiful!! I have some ideas swirling around in my head. I need to go to the fabric store to get some batiks, yeah!! a trip to buy fabric.

Dragonfly Nana 08-13-2012 04:51 PM

Judith those are just adorable.
Gena - sorry that you "have" to go shopping - NOT!:D

jillnjo 08-17-2012 04:27 AM

Hi, friends!! I am so busy this week, but it feels good to see all the pretty canning jars lined up on my counter. Today is my last day of freezing peaches for the year, I pray. I'm going over to my daughters to help her. Yaya, I have settled on what I want to do to your center!! My mom is coming next week and I am taking her to 2 new quilt shops in our area-can't wait to see the fabric. I hope to find the perfect fabric for the first round. We are so blessed to have rain here and it looks like spring again, my pots are starting to grow like crazy! Everyone take care and happy sewing! N.

Judith1005 08-24-2012 06:16 PM

Hi everybody, How are yall doing? Yes, jillnjo, this is my first GRANDBABY! Can you tell I'm excited. Only about 6 more weeks to go. I can't wait to meet the new little man in my daughters life. Have been very busy wrapping up some loose ends and sketching out a few possible designs for the "flimsy" visiting my house. She says to tell you that there are a lot of furry friends to meet her aquaintence. (don't worry, I'm keeping her nice and safe.) She's been whispering very good things that she would like me to add to her. ;) Hope yall are having a good weekend.:)

jillnjo 08-25-2012 04:58 AM

Judith, I love furry friends,too! We don't have a house pet now. We have 2 Jack Russell mixed breed dogs outside and they do come in on the tile in the cold evenings. They wouldn't even want in now. I love them both, but would enjoy a house dog. We once had a Shitzu that did not shed and I am ready for another dog, preferably a non-shedder, but I know hubby isn't overly excited about it, although I could talk my way into it!! :D

Karen, I have the first round completed on your star!! I am happy with how it looks. I could add a bit to it, but beautiful quilting may do more than anything I'd add! One thing I find hard is knowing that the fabrics we each choose will most likely not be added in succeeding rounds and I'm not used to designing a quilt or choosing fabrics without seeing the whole quilt in my mind. So I tend to want to keep it simple. (not that that is always right) A learning curve for me.

Do we send on now, or wait to closer to the deadline? Nancy

joyce j 08-25-2012 05:14 AM

I love each an every one of the center block. Going to be some beautiful quilts. joyce j

sewhappy30 08-25-2012 05:50 AM

Hi everyone.. I've been very busy these past couple weeks, life sure gets in the way of my fun sometimes.lol I have however, made it to the fabric store and picked out some fabric for Paula's round, still need to decide what I'm going to do for it. Nancy I'm like you, especially for the first round it usually seems to me that simple is best and then as it gets bigger I can see so many more options to add.

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm glad we have 2 months to finish each round, looks like I may need it. lol

As for sending the quilt when your done, just check with who you send it to and ask them, if there ok with it then that's fine. We just don't want to overwhelm anybody.

Judith1005 08-25-2012 10:36 AM

Jillnjo, I'm next in line for the flimsy your holding. You can send it anytime your ready. I want to finish as much as I can before my daughters baby comes. I will be out of town for about 2 weeks around that time. I will keep it safe until it's ready to be passed on.