Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/round-robin-2012-2013-pictures-t196452.html)

jillnjo 09-28-2012 04:27 AM

Dragonfly, I will gladly send you some of the blue~assuming that I have some!! I bought it at a quilt shop I am going to today and they may still have it~will check when I go if I used all of it.

Karen, I'm glad you like my first round addition! I thought the white areas would be a great place for some neat quilting. If the completed quilt called for it, you might also applique something in that area, but I decided not to, even though I did think about it! Any of you feel free to add to my rounds when the quilt arrives home!

We did have a refreshing short trip to KY. One of the nicest times we've had on the few trips we've taken. Yaya~you are quite the traveler~my hubby and I will have to learn how to do that! We seem to be home bodies, enjoying what our hobbies are here. I tell myself we ought to travel more and see the country. I love my country, isn't it beautiful everywhere? I am looking forward to working on Tam..moos top! The fabrics she chose means I will be shopping for my round and do I ever love to do that!!! Tam..moo is around, I see her posting in the swaps and I received a wonky log cabin block from her this past week! Thanks, Tammy, it is a favorite of mine!

I was given a 20 dollar gift certificate from friends recently to a quilt shop and I'm heading there this morning~it's been burning a hole in my pocket, as my Dad used to say to me whenever I had a dime or two!

Take care, all you "blue robins"~happy sewing. Nancy.

Dragonfly Nana 09-28-2012 12:32 PM

Nancy - have fun spending that GC! What a wonderful way to spend part of your day.

No problem if you don't have any scraps of the blue left - and I do mean scraps as it is for applique - I just thought I would ask. Judith PM'd me earlier that she has some she will be sending.

I like the "Blue Robins" Should we adopt that as our group name?

jillnjo 09-28-2012 01:33 PM

Paula, I do have enough to send you some of the blue! I'll get it in the mail tomorrow. N.

yayaquilts 09-28-2012 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366190[/ATTACH]

Here is Tam -moo's Center with the first border made of "Piano Keys!" Hope you like it Tammy!

Dragonfly Nana 09-28-2012 04:03 PM

Karen - that looks great! I love the way you extended the yellow/gold out into your round. It almost has an Asian Screen feel too it.

Yeah for scraps! - Thank you Nancy.

Dragonfly Nana 09-28-2012 04:28 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ok ladies - here is each metamorphosis side by side so far. Drooling is allowed but remember to wipe your keyboard :D
Tam...moo
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366196[/ATTACH]
Yayaquilts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366197[/ATTACH]
Jillnjo
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366198[/ATTACH]
Judith105
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366199[/ATTACH]

jillnjo 09-29-2012 04:56 AM

I agree that Tam...oo's block has an Asian feel to it from the center floral fabric! What yaya added was perfect, and it really opens up the fabric choices with all the different prints used. I'm impressed~and will be thinking what to add to it next!

I love seeing these all together and now we just need to see Paula's!!

sewhappy30 09-29-2012 05:07 AM

Yaya do you have mine? Could you post a picture of it?

Judith1005 09-29-2012 05:10 AM

And SewHappys too. Oooo, pretty. I LOVE the piano key look to TamMoo's. I get excited to see each round. I look forward to see the progression on SewHappy's and Paula's. Paula, thanks for the side by side pictures. Your pretty darn good with your computer!!!

sewhappy30 09-29-2012 05:12 AM

They all look so pretty their really taking shape. Paula I love how you put them all together that is a
Amazing. Thank you!!

I can't to see mine and Paula's on here with the rest of them.