Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/round-robin-2012-2013-pictures-t196452.html)

yayaquilts 09-29-2012 07:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366281[/ATTACH]

Here is sewhappy's center.........hmmm.......what to do next!?!?! I do have two perfect fabrics that coordinate.......just need to put my creative cap on to decide what to add.

jillnjo 09-29-2012 07:43 AM

Lovely addition to Sewhappy's. I didn't mean to overlook you, Gina! I miscounted and thought only one was missing!;) The white framing the green really makes it look good!

Well, it's not framing it! It's separating the green from the center, anyway, I like it.

sewhappy30 09-29-2012 08:37 AM

I love it!!!! Believe it or not Tam...moo that's kinda what I had in mind, I like how it has framed the center so that the center pops out. That's the same way I did Paula's. I didn't want the first border to take away from her center because it was so beautiful.

Now we need Paula's!!!

Judith1005 09-29-2012 05:25 PM

Paula, Fabric went out to you Friday morning. You'll probably have it by Monday or Tuesday.

Gena, I love what was done with your center. The color is spot on. And, I love how it frames your Carpenters Wheel. I haven't yet decided what to add to yours yet. :) Good thing I have time.

Yaya, I would be in heaven if my daughter moved in with me when her new little one arrives. But, that is not going to happen. Her and her hubby just bought a new house and moved in yesterday. :( But, seriously, I am very happy for them. I just won't get to be a hands on grandma the way I would like to be. So, revel in the chaos for me. :)

I meant to say earlier also, like Jillnjo, I love all the color choices you used in the piano keys. It add so much fun and dimension. Blue and yellow is such a soothing color to work with for me. (I love working with the color blue especially. The yellow will add a much needed new direction for me.)

Dragonfly Nana 09-29-2012 06:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So glad you ladies like the picture show of the side by sides. I will add to each one as we progress...and her is Gena's
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366402[/ATTACH]

Now....I wonder what mine looks like?????? :D

Judith & Nancy - thank you again for sending the fabric. I will let you know when they arrive.

Tam...Moo 09-29-2012 06:16 PM

I just love the piano keys addition to my center. I have the beautiful batiks center...it is stuning...hope I can add something you will like.

QUOTE=jillnjo;5546487]Dragonfly, I will gladly send you some of the blue~assuming that I have some!! I bought it at a quilt shop I am going to today and they may still have it~will check when I go if I used all of it.

Karen, I'm glad you like my first round addition! I thought the white areas would be a great place for some neat quilting. If the completed quilt called for it, you might also applique something in that area, but I decided not to, even though I did think about it! Any of you feel free to add to my rounds when the quilt arrives home!

We did have a refreshing short trip to KY. One of the nicest times we've had on the few trips we've taken. Yaya~you are quite the traveler~my hubby and I will have to learn how to do that! We seem to be home bodies, enjoying what our hobbies are here. I tell myself we ought to travel more and see the country. I love my country, isn't it beautiful everywhere? I am looking forward to working on Tam..moos top! The fabrics she chose means I will be shopping for my round and do I ever love to do that!!! Tam..moo is around, I see her posting in the swaps and I received a wonky log cabin block from her this past week! Thanks, Tammy, it is a favorite of mine!

I was given a 20 dollar gift certificate from friends recently to a quilt shop and I'm heading there this morning~it's been burning a hole in my pocket, as my Dad used to say to me whenever I had a dime or two!

Take care, all you "blue robins"~happy sewing. Nancy.[/QUOTE]

Dragonfly Nana 09-29-2012 06:19 PM

Blue Robins Great thinking Nancy!
Hey Gena - Can we get the name Blue Robins added to the heading of our thread? That is if everyone agrees and likes the name.

sewhappy30 09-30-2012 04:21 AM

I love the Blue Robins for our name

sewhappy30 09-30-2012 04:22 AM

Hey Tammy, could you post a picture of the batiks center you have before you start on it please?

Andii 09-30-2012 06:24 AM

I love the side by side pictures. Sometimes it's hard to remember what it looked like in the before. All of your centers are beautiful, Blue Robins.:thumbup: