Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/round-robin-2012-2013-pictures-t196452.html)

jillnjo 02-04-2013 04:18 PM

Judith, it will go out tomorrow! I meant to get to the post office on Saturday, but it closed before I arrived. I was thinking of Paula's quilt, too, and wondering what had been added to it. I think it is my next round! Can you believe only two more to add and we get our own back? So much fun.

Judith1005 02-04-2013 06:49 PM

Thanks Jillnjo I appreciate you sending it on to me. I will let you know (this time) as soon as I receive it. How are you doing?

I know, the time has just flown by! For the most part, two more rounds to go before the flimsy's come home.

Yaya, how are things going? I know you had some personal things going on. I hope all is getting better.

SewHappy, Are you doing ok? How is your journey through the bible going? (Or at least I think you mentioned a year long journey through the bible.?)

Paula, how are your deadlines going? I have been spending a lot more time offline and getting more sewing done. Nothing finished, but, lots in the works.

I don't know about yall, but we are having the weirdest winter. It's either unseasonably warm or cold. I am yearning for spring. But, the signs are there. The Daffadils are budding up. (Am hoping it doesn't freeze them.) That's what happened to us last year. There was a late freeze in February and killed off most of what we had that bloomed in color. Well, maybe this year.

I'm missing you guys a little. It's been pretty quiet. I hope that you all are well and if your not, I hope you are on the mend.
Have a great week!! :) :)

jillnjo 02-05-2013 12:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got Paula's top today! And it is lovely! Every fabric but the white ones are[ATTACH=CONFIG]393304[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]393306[/ATTACH] a batik, I think! Here is a snapshot of it as I don't think one has been posted yet. I will "watch" it carefully and let it talk to me for a few days at least.

Dragonfly Nana 02-05-2013 03:30 PM

Oh WOW - Karen's addition adds so much motion - that is so cool!

Judith - I will let you know when Tammy's top arrives. I am current on my "other" promised items - thanks for asking. I too have been off line more so I am getting things done.

This winter is definitely a strange one - 30's one day and upper 60's the next. I have a tip for you about your budding daffodils - put old fashioned paper bags over them if you might get frost. Not a guarantee for a hard frost but it has worked for me on those "maybe" to light times.

Judith1005 02-07-2013 12:18 PM

Jillnjo, I have received Gena's quilt top. Thank you. Gena it is looking magnificent!! I am so looking forward to my turn with you flimsy.:)

Dragonfly Nana 02-09-2013 04:16 AM

Judith, I received a package from you - Tam..moo's top arrived safely.

sewhappy30 02-09-2013 10:47 AM

Paula your quilt is looking great. Everyone is doing a great job. I'm hoping to finish up with Nancy's this weekend and mail it out Monday. Can't wait to post the picture when I get it finished today...hopefully.

Judith I just finished up 2 Samuel and started on 1 Kings. Its's so interesting and I'm learning so much. When I start reading I don't want to stop. Just like my sewing. So which ever I'm doing it's all day long on the weekends. And this weekend its sewing.

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well, looks like were heading down the back stretch with this round robin. Excited and kinda sad at the same time.

I know I've said it before but I feel so blessed to be a part of this awesome group. You ladies are the best.

Well gotta go sew I'll post a picture later when I'm done.

jillnjo 02-09-2013 12:55 PM

Oh, Gena, I can't wait to see my quilt again and with a new round on it!!
I have so enjoyed every round and all the rounds each of you have added on everyone's quilt.

sewhappy30 02-09-2013 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK Nancy here it is I hope you like. Your quilt has taken on the pink look and I love it. I love flying geese.
.[ATTACH=CONFIG]394183[/ATTACH]

sewhappy30 02-09-2013 03:39 PM

Got yaya's out to look at it, the suspense was killing me. It is georgeous. The pictures gives you an image of the quilt but seeing them in person is really so much better.

This will be my 7" border to add on. Going to do some thinking about this one, it already looks perfect.