Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Row Robin - Group 6 - Pam's Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/row-robin-group-6-pams-quilt-t177678.html)

TFquilter 01-31-2012 01:04 PM

Row Robin - Group 6 - Pam's Quilt

3 Attachment(s)
Hi,
I finally figured out how to resize photos and download them or we will find out here shortly if I have figured it out. I am "learning." This is Pam's quilt that I sent off to her today. We started this row robin in 2011...Pam wanted pinks and browns in her rows...it turned out great and hope she likes it. My row is on the top...I hope these pictures post....:) Elaine...
Pam, I hope you can see these...I wanted to post them to Group 6...I hope that they post...we will see...

cwessel47 01-31-2012 03:59 PM

Does the sashing fabric "travel" with the quilt? You are all doing a wonderful job! Very nice.

sassy granny 01-31-2012 04:06 PM

That is beautiful. I love the colors. Now , you'll have to tell us, all that have failed so far, how you resized your pictures and got them posted. I've been trying for ever so long and cannot get them posted. I've tried everything others have told me and still can't get it right. I always get a message that the upload failed after I find my picture.

sassy granny

Lori S 01-31-2012 04:18 PM

What a accomplishment, for all the quilters/piecers , to be able to have it come together perfectly!!! Very nice quilt top.

TFquilter 01-31-2012 04:34 PM

Thank you for your compliments...yes, the sashing did travel with Pam's quilt...she wanted the sashing between blocks and rows, so she chose it and sent the fabric for sashing..now for the pictures...On my computer I have what is called Windows Live Photo...first, I store all of my pictures on an external hard drive & this is where I transfer my pics to from camera...then I went to the Windows Live Photo (first time for me)..I opened a new folder and copied these 3 pics and pasted them into the new folder...then under edit, there was an option to resize them, which i did..then i copied the resized ones back onto my external drive and saved them...when I went to download them the second time on QB after I resized them, they loaded fast...couldn't believe it...I am not real computer savvy but I figured it out. The windows live photo came with my computer...I am sure there are shortcuts to this, but this is how I did it...I didn't even know i had this option; I looked under the programs on my computer & found it...I gave it a shot and it worked...I hope this helps...Elaine

sassy granny 01-31-2012 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by TFquilter (Post 4930253)
Thank you for your compliments...yes, the sashing did travel with Pam's quilt...she wanted the sashing between blocks and rows, so she chose it and sent the fabric for sashing..now for the pictures...On my computer I have what is called Windows Live Photo...first, I store all of my pictures on an external hard drive & this is where I transfer my pics to from camera...then I went to the Windows Live Photo (first time for me)..I opened a new folder and copied these 3 pics and pasted them into the new folder...then under edit, there was an option to resize them, which i did..then i copied the resized ones back onto my external drive and saved them...when I went to download them the second time on QB after I resized them, they loaded fast...couldn't believe it...I am not real computer savvy but I figured it out. The windows live photo came with my computer...I am sure there are shortcuts to this, but this is how I did it...I didn't even know i had this option; I looked under the programs on my computer & found it...I gave it a shot and it worked...I hope this helps...Elaine

Thanks so much, I don't know if I have that or not. I'm a computer dummy. I'll search it out tomorrow and see if I can do anything with it.

Thanks again for your trouble. Everyone on this board is so nice to try and help each other.

sassy granny

TFquilter 01-31-2012 07:03 PM

Good luck...believe me I know how frustrating it can be...maybe there's someone that can help you too...just don't give up, that's easy...keep trying and asking...you may not know right now how to post pictures, you are not a computer dummy, just trying to learn..:)

ruthie 01-31-2012 07:18 PM

It's a beautiful quilt.

Vanuatu Jill 01-31-2012 07:37 PM

Beautiful quilt, love the colors!

RNUNU 01-31-2012 09:24 PM

Looks "FANTASTIC" Elaine ...... Beautiful job and you can tell Pam that if she doesn't like it, you know someone who will give it a good home!!!

Originally Posted by TFquilter (Post 4929685)
Hi,
I finally figured out how to resize photos and download them or we will find out here shortly if I have figured it out. I am "learning." This is Pam's quilt that I sent off to her today. We started this row robin in 2011...Pam wanted pinks and browns in her rows...it turned out great and hope she likes it. My row is on the top...I hope these pictures post....:) Elaine...
Pam, I hope you can see these...I wanted to post them to Group 6...I hope that they post...we will see...