Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Row Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/row-robin-t45605.html)

eparys 05-11-2010 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There are lots of things I have not done in quilting and allowing someone else to work on my projects is one of them . . . and another is working on someone else's work.

That being said, I joined a Row Robin at Guild. Here is my row. I choose a theme - "A Cabin in the Woods". I will work on six other quilts between now and December. That is when I get to see my completed project. I am so excited but a bit intimidated!! I designed both my blocks in EQ6.

Row 1 of "A Cabin in the Woods"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63655[/ATTACH]

sharon b 05-11-2010 06:49 PM

Love it...

so you declare a theme and everyone else builds off of it ?

eparys 05-11-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Love it...

so you declare a theme and everyone else builds off of it ?

(Smile) that is what I am told.

I will also include 1.5 yd of background fabric and 3/4 yd of focus fabric., I chose to place both the brown print and the green Batik in the box for the other ladies to use. We will see!!

AnnieF 05-11-2010 07:06 PM

I did a row robin in my quilt guild last year and I agree with you it's one of the hardest things to do....letting go of you creation.....to let other people work on it. I worked harder on those rows than I have on any other quilt I've made....I didn't want to disappoint anyone.

eparys 05-11-2010 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieF
I did a row robin in my quilt guild last year and I agree with you it's one of the hardest things to do....letting go of you creation.....to let other people work on it. I worked harder on those rows than I have on any other quilt I've made....I didn't want to disappoint anyone.

I have to admit I am more worried about what I will do on someone else's work than I am about what I get back - funny how that works.

hcarpanini 05-11-2010 07:35 PM

I did this a year ago and didn't think I was as good as the rest. I literally cried when I got mine back, it was amaaaaazing! I will post photos tomorrow. It was one of the most nerve racking things I have ever participated in but the most fulfulling! And yes, I was right up there with the rest of them.

MadQuilter 05-11-2010 07:38 PM

I think it is great that you are pushing your creative boundaries. I can see so many options on where to go with it. Can't wait for the next rows.

Don't worry about the others. Do your level best, and if you get stuck - the QB is full of good ideas.

littlehud 05-11-2010 08:25 PM

That is really cute. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with for it.

HOLLYHOCK 05-11-2010 10:03 PM

Quite adorable!! :)

SulaBug 05-11-2010 11:04 PM

I love your beginning Row!! :D I can hardly wait to see how your project comes along. Your block design's are great. Have fun working on the other Row Robin's, too. Relax & go with it. I bet you will like it a lot!!
:D :D :D :D