Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Jacob's ladder and an almost catastrophe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-jacobs-ladder-almost-catastrophe-t242000.html)

quiltmaker52 02-25-2014 10:54 AM

Scrappy Jacob's ladder and an almost catastrophe

2 Attachment(s)
I was asked if I would make a quilt that a local faith-based charity could raffle off. I love scrappy and thought Jacob's Ladder would be appropriate, so I combined the two. I did the quilting myself. I marked the hearts with the blue water-soluble marker and after quilting half of them, decided to spray the quilt so the blue would go away and I could really see the quilting. I almost lost it (my mind) when I got up the next morning and found that every piece of one red fabric ran all over the cream! After a few choice words, I knew that I couldn't do anything about it until I finished the quilting and binding. Then I used Oxy10 gel stain remover on all the color runs, let it sit overnight, and washed it in warm water with 4 color catchers. Halleluiah, every stain came out! The color catchers were all dark burgundy. Just to be on the safe side, I washed it again with 4 more color catchers. Nothing on them this time. I am so happy! The charity will be getting this quilt tomorrow. Sorry that the pictures aren't too clear.

BrendaK 02-25-2014 11:00 AM

The pictures are clear enough to show what a BEAUTIFUL quilt you have made. I am so glad that everything worked out. Hope it makes a lot of money. BrendaK

Grandma Bonnie 02-25-2014 11:14 AM

Beautiful quilt and quilting! I hope it raises a lot of money!

wolph33 02-25-2014 11:17 AM

that is a beautiful scrappy quilt-hopw it raises lots of money

feline fanatic 02-25-2014 11:19 AM

Wow, that is a beauty. It turned out great.

Quilter 65 02-25-2014 11:57 AM

A beautiful quilt. No one would ever guess that you nearly had a cardiac arrest over it! I have had those moments and then things work out sometimes. A learning experience!

CherryPie 02-25-2014 12:04 PM

What a beautiful quilt. I just love scrappies!!! I've got everything together to make a Jacob's ladder but haven't done it yet. Hope your quilt brings lots of money!!!

dunster 02-25-2014 12:10 PM

What a pretty quilt. Glad you could get out the red. It should sell lots of raffle tickets.

laughingquilter 02-25-2014 12:15 PM

Love, LOVE, LOVE this quilt! It's beautiful! I really like the scrappy look, I have a similar one that I'd made with my scraps. They just feel so.......quilty. Sounds dumb, I know, but can't think of a better word. This should make a bunch of money for the raffle. Thanks for posting it - - it inspires me to get going on another quilt and use up some of my stash.

GrammaNan 02-25-2014 12:19 PM

Oh, it is lovely! You were so smart to figure out how to get the stains out. I will keep that trick in mind. I hope you raise lots of money with this quilt.