Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

Kyiav10 03-06-2012 12:43 PM

with borders

1 Attachment(s)
I put borders on today! Don't look too closely, you will see where I put too many of the same strips too close together.

Kyia

kwiltkrazy 03-06-2012 01:19 PM

Love the white borders. Really gives it some zing.

Foxflower 03-06-2012 01:26 PM

Yep, the white borders are awesome.

quiltingbea 03-06-2012 01:35 PM

I really like that. What size strips did you use?

Krystyna 03-06-2012 01:37 PM

I agree. Love the white. You're making me rethink my contrast choice which is usually black!

cjackaitlin 03-06-2012 04:25 PM

All of the quilts are just beautiful. Can't qait until I have scraps to make my own. Thanks for sharing them.

Kyiav10 03-06-2012 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingbea (Post 5036843)
I really like that. What size strips did you use?

They are random strips left over from the heart string's quilt. I had put them together for the border and these are using up the left overs. I used white borders as it is for a baby. I prolly should have used a little bit wider white strips between the color but it will have to do.

Thank you all!

Kyia

Izy 03-07-2012 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kyiav10 (Post 5038007)
They are random strips left over from the heart string's quilt. I had put them together for the border and these are using up the left overs. I used white borders as it is for a baby. I prolly should have used a little bit wider white strips between the color but it will have to do.

Thank you all!

Kyia

I think the narrow white strips are just right Michelle! The wider outer border sets it all off lovely! So how are you going to quilt it??? :D

Kyiav10 03-07-2012 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Izy (Post 5038097)
I think the narrow white strips are just right Michelle! The wider outer border sets it all off lovely! So how are you going to quilt it??? :D

I quilt by hand and with all the seams I may just stitch in the ditch on the color and do some kind of pattern on the white. I'd like to use a varigated thread or just white. Not sure.

Izy 03-07-2012 08:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Kyiav10 (Post 5039036)
I quilt by hand and with all the seams I may just stitch in the ditch on the color and do some kind of pattern on the white. I'd like to use a varigated thread or just white. Not sure.

I am sure it will be gorgeous Michelle..I am too impatient to hand quilt, but I love to see everyone else who is brave to do it. I did start a quilt...maybe 4 years ago,...still waiting to be finished. Here's a picture of what I did do!

I just remembered... I pulled out all the toe catching stitches in the centre, as I thought it looked awful compared to my border quilting...but I bet I am as bad as I was at the beginning now as I haven't done a stitch since LOL! :)