Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

Karen G 08-08-2012 08:07 AM

Evelyn J, yours is a quilt that will be treasured!

Originally Posted by EvelynJ (Post 5073057)
I love the first on the Strip Twist that is so cute. I am working on my first scrappy quilt I have the top completed with my odds and ends, I have used many of the left overs from my daughter's clothes I made when she was a toddler, she's 5 now. I love it because I have such fond memories of the materials used. I am sure you feel the same. So here is my quilt top...thank you for allowing me to share it with you!

wils6977 08-09-2012 01:28 AM

They are all beautiful. i have a problem letting go as well.

justflyingin 08-09-2012 10:44 PM

simple scrappy

1 Attachment(s)
Finished while watching the Olympics. It is 1.5" strips sewn together with sashing of 1.5" in a strong color. In this case, yellow. I made 3 identical ones because I had so many strips and wanted to use them up quickly. It's not a very quick quilt, but it is easy.

justflyingin 08-09-2012 10:45 PM

scrappy with red sashing

1 Attachment(s)
Another one finished during the Olympics.

justflyingin 08-09-2012 10:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The third in this series that I recently finished.

justflyingin 08-09-2012 10:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another one of a different style finished during the Oympics

Krystyna 08-10-2012 02:46 AM

Oh my goodness! These are just wonderful. I can't believe you made them while watching the Olympics!

Havplenty 08-10-2012 04:48 AM

~ justflyingin there needs to be an olympic event for the most quilts started and finished during the olympics. i am almost certain you would win some kinda medal. great job. now i have another idea for all of the 1.5" strips i have cut up after finishing my psqs.

~ wonderful scrappies everyone. just enjoying the show.

justflyingin 08-10-2012 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5430557)
~ justflyingin there needs to be an olympic event for the most quilts started and finished during the olympics.

No, no, NO! :)

I made these tops in 2011 and finished up by hand the binding while watching the Olympics!!!! I actually attached the binding a couple of weeks before the Olympics and they were just sitting there, begging to be finished while sitting still....so I did it while the Olympics were on.

Havplenty 08-10-2012 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin (Post 5430629)
No, no, NO! :)

I made these tops in 2011 and finished up by hand the binding while watching the Olympics!!!! I actually attached the binding a couple of weeks before the Olympics and they were just sitting there, begging to be finished while sitting still....so I did it while the Olympics were on.

phew thanks for clearing that up. i was starting to feel like a slacker.:D