Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Searching for another duck.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/searching-another-duck-t94487.html)

Carron 01-27-2011 04:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Three yrs ago when we got our Standard our daughter gave him a stuffed duck to play with.
Well that duck became Pepper's pride and joy. Pic. #1
He slelpt with it pic. #2
He kept it with him everywhere pic.#3
Also was in touch with it pic#4

Then "they" came ...pic #5
"They" too loved the duck and "they" wanted it! ...Pic #6
Last pic is self explanitory....

I have been surching but have not been able to find anything close to the orginal.
Would anyone happen to have a cute, soft, cuddly duck they would be willing to part with or any information as to where I might locate another one.

This may sound like a silly request but when you love your dog you will do strange things for them. :roll:

Thanks for your time in reading this plea!

Pepper's pride n joy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169124[/ATTACH]

napping with duck
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169125[/ATTACH]

they go together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169126[/ATTACH]

Carron 01-27-2011 04:25 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Three yrs ago when we got our Standard our daughter gave him a stuffed duck to play with.
Well that duck became Pepper's pride and joy. Pic. #1
He slelpt with it pic. #2
He kept it with him everywhere pic.#3
Always in touch with it pic#4

Then "they" came ...pic #5
"They" too loved the duck and "they" wanted it! ...Pic #6
Last pic is self explanitory....

I have been surching but have not been able to find anything close to the orginal.
Would anyone happen to have a cute, soft, cuddly duck they would be willing to part with or any information as to where I might locate another one.

This may sound like a silly request but when you love your dog you will do strange things for them. :roll:

Thanks for your time in reading this plea!

Pepper's pride n joy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169127[/ATTACH]

napping with duck
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169128[/ATTACH]

they go together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169129[/ATTACH]

always touching
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169131[/ATTACH]

They arrived
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169132[/ATTACH]

They wanted the duck too
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169136[/ATTACH]

no more duck
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169137[/ATTACH]

RkayD 01-27-2011 04:25 PM

Can you repair it? I resew dog toys all the time until they are tattered beyond repair. =)

tucsonquilter 01-27-2011 04:26 PM

That actually looks like Big Bird from Sesame Street.

nativetexan 01-27-2011 04:27 PM

so cute. maybe try carpet thread to repair it with. or at least quilting thread.
good luck.

Lady-T 01-27-2011 04:41 PM

awwww....poor Pepper!

eBay has some plush ducks similar to this one....

Prism99 01-27-2011 04:43 PM

I think I'd try to piece him back together with a little new stuffing; maybe some patches here and there. Dogs are color-blind, so patches don't need to be an exact match. Then look for another stuffed friend to add in.

moonwork42029 01-27-2011 04:43 PM

can you make another "body" and piece the pieces to it so it will smell the same for Pepper. He might not like the smell/taste/touch of a new one

susiequilt 01-27-2011 04:45 PM

I recommend you fix it. A new duck will never smell or feel the same. The dog won't care if it only has three legs or no ears. It may never bond with another duck. It's like giving a baby another blankie, just not the same.

Lady-T 01-27-2011 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
I think I'd try to piece him back together with a little new stuffing; maybe some patches here and there. Dogs are color-blind, so patches don't need to be an exact match. Then look for another stuffed friend to add in.

I would try to put "Humpty' back together again too....
and No the patches don't have to match but...

dogs are not color blind in the sense that they see more than just black, white, and gray.

However, the color range they perceive is limited compared to the spectrum we see.

To put it in very basic terms, the canine color field consists mostly of yellows, blues, and violets.
"Human" reds, greens, and oranges are not distinguishable to dogs and instead appear somewhere on their yellow to blue spectrum.