Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   second Mini Dresden ready for quilting......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/second-mini-dresden-ready-quilting-t210661.html)

granny_59 01-10-2013 03:39 PM

second Mini Dresden ready for quilting.........

2 Attachment(s)
..........on the next trip to sri lanka in March. I hardly can type as my fingers hurt badly from all those appliqued leafs. The finished size will be 21" x 21"

This time the dresden plates have a diameter of 2 inches and are still very accurate. The background fabric around the plates is a bit wrinkly as I was not able to get in there with my iron...............I will quilt it out.
I am very happy about the outcome. All I have to figure out will be the binding. I was thinking of a scalloped border at first but I think this would be too much. How about a white binding??
Thanks for looking
Granny

maryb119 01-10-2013 03:51 PM

White binding would be perfect! Love this quilt! You do beautiful work! The 30's are a personal favorite of mine. Reminds me of grandma's aprons and all the good things that came from her kitchen.

mighty 01-10-2013 03:55 PM

Beautiful, white binding would look just perfect!!!

redquilter 01-10-2013 04:04 PM

I just love that quilt. It's a work of art. I agree that white binding would be perfect.

jbening 01-10-2013 04:13 PM

Such patience and exacting detail. Love those little flowers.

angiecub 01-10-2013 04:14 PM

I agree with the white binding. You don't want to detract from the rest of the quilt. That is fabulous! How do you size your pattern--smaller scale on the printer? I love minis and would love to try one of these.

QuiltE 01-10-2013 04:19 PM

Oh how beautiful ... and even smaller than it's Big Sister, that I have the honour to have in my care.
And I thought that mine was small ... this is surely MICRO-mini!!!!

It's so soft and beautiful ... and when the time comes to put the binding on, you'll know whether white is what you want, or not.

Congratulations for another incredible work of art, Granny59!!! :)

QuiltnNan 01-10-2013 04:21 PM

wow... really nice work. very impressive

granny_59 01-10-2013 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5777182)
Oh how beautiful ... and even smaller than it's Big Sister, that I have the honour to have in my care.
And I thought that mine was small ... this is surely MICRO-mini!!!!

It's so soft and beautiful ... and when the time comes to put the binding on, you'll know whether white is what you want, or not.

Congratulations for another incredible work of art, Granny59!!! :)

thanks so much QuiltE.........I am sure you realized the time in switzerland!? But whenever I want to go to bed there is a new notification and I am sucking in all the compliments like a dry sponge. :-)

I do downscale the patterns with the printer and for the wine (my first one btw.) I put this see through paper over the top and started drawing till I liked it.

nannyrick 01-10-2013 04:29 PM

Absolutely stunning!!! I love it.