Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   She is getting closer to leaving and we are almost ready. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/she-getting-closer-leaving-we-almost-ready-t196798.html)

joyce888 08-05-2012 07:41 PM

Fantastic shirts!

Pickles 08-05-2012 07:49 PM

Such a darling ideal !!!

sew4nin 08-06-2012 05:54 AM

I know the feeling. My youngest leaves in 2 weeks. She is ready, but I am not. She will be about 90 minutes away, so still close enough to see on weekends.
Fun idea on the shirts!

Blinkokr 08-06-2012 06:01 AM

Just cute as can be, great job and thank you for sharing, may your daughter make you proud.
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

burchquilts 08-06-2012 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom (Post 5419858)
What a cute idea!

It really, really is! Jenny pride, right?

KLO 08-06-2012 11:22 AM

These shirts are great! Can you tell me how you did them? Did you fuse the letters and if so, what kind of fusible did you use since it looks like you have knit shirts? Looks like you stitched (hand or machine?) around the lettering too. I have a friend who wants to make a couple of shirts for her new business and fusing is how I was thinking would be the best way to go. Thanks for any help you can give.

Oh and PS: You are lucky that she is not going to be too far from home. It's hard when they leave as you already surmised.

kathdavis 08-06-2012 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5421520)
It really, really is! Jenny pride, right?

Yes, the Jennies and the Mules. My alumnia where I got my masters degree. I love it because it is close but yet far enough to go away to college.

kathdavis 08-06-2012 06:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by KLO (Post 5422069)
These shirts are great! Can you tell me how you did them? Did you fuse the letters and if so, what kind of fusible did you use since it looks like you have knit shirts? Looks like you stitched (hand or machine?) around the lettering too. I have a friend who wants to make a couple of shirts for her new business and fusing is how I was thinking would be the best way to go. Thanks for any help you can give.

Oh and PS: You are lucky that she is not going to be too far from home. It's hard when they leave as you already surmised.

KLO, yes, I printed the letters off the computer, reversed them and traced on to Heat n Bond fusible. Then I sewed the blanket stitch around the letters using my sewing machine. I did wash the shirts first in case they shrunk. Below are a few items I appliqued, like hoodies, and pants.

KathyKat 08-07-2012 04:49 AM

Very nice! You did a great job.:thumbup:
BTW, my son and DIL just moved back to my area from Blue Springs. They had a cute 1930's hand crafted cottage style house on Lake Tapawingo. I really loved it there. Blue Springs is a very pretty area and I loved walking the trails in the parks and around the lakes. However, I'm very glad to have them only an hour away now.

wolph33 08-07-2012 05:32 AM

those are really cute