Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Slashed Squares with fleece backing sofa throw!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/slashed-squares-fleece-backing-sofa-throw-t29500.html)

Izy 11-29-2009 03:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is the first of a pair of 'quicky' stash and scraps quilt, I decided to buy fleece for the back and used a thin cotton batting, it is so cosy!!

These are for my son and girlfriend to snuggle under while watching tv!!

The pattern started off as a square in a square, which you slash offset then reorganise each corner...bit like the D9P :D

I will put a link up when I can find the website I got it from, :wink: :D

Janstar 11-29-2009 03:08 PM

Awesome Izy! Looks very cozy!! Do you get cold winters there? Good to hear from you!!!!!!!!!

Lacelady 11-29-2009 03:10 PM

I love the quilt design, so would like a link when you find it please, I love your choice of colours, and the fancy stitches for quilting, but best of all, I love your name for this quilt. Made me feel very hungry!

Izy 11-29-2009 03:10 PM

Hi Jan,

Yes it gets nippy in the evenings, or like today when it rains it can be chilly, but not bad, it's just after having high temperatures you feel it when it drops !! My son lives in the UK, and it's blinking freezing there already!! :lol: :D

wvdek 11-29-2009 03:14 PM

Wow, that is nice and cozy looking.

Izy 11-29-2009 03:17 PM

Thanks, yes it has turned out lovely and soft...I am now tempted just to give them one to share and maybe keep the other for myself lol!! :roll: :wink: :D

Butterfli19 11-29-2009 03:18 PM

Very nice! I like the decorative stitching, too. Gives it more character.

rootyr 11-29-2009 03:19 PM

Very nice!

moreland 11-29-2009 03:19 PM

Your quilts are pretty. I like the stitch you used to quilt them.
Fleeced backed quilts are one of my favorite ways to make what I call "quick quilts". I make most of my baby/children quilts that way. I use fairly dense fleece and do not put any batting it them. Works great.

I often use a "connecting" stitch (074 on my Q6600 machine). It goes pretty quickly. I love it for stitching the fleece down on the front of the quilt--I nearly always bring the fleece from the back to the front to form the binding.

Izy 11-29-2009 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
I love the quilt design, so would like a link when you find it please, I love your choice of colours, and the fancy stitches for quilting, but best of all, I love your name for this quilt. Made me feel very hungry!

Ha ha!! We had just been down to 'Iceland' last week, and my fella bought a Terry's chocolate orange, but really this has ALL the colours of chocolate.....maybe I should have called it Chocolate Box Split..... :D I am glad you noticed the stitching Lacelady, I have only just discovered that I can actually do several fancy stitches using my walking foot :shock: I have only had this machine over 2 years...I SHOULD have known that by now lol!!

I will look for the link now for you!! :D