Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   small watercolor floral log cabin tops--another doll quilt and a table runner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/small-watercolor-floral-log-cabin-tops-another-doll-quilt-table-runner-t116791.html)

barnbum 04-17-2011 08:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ahhhh...feels good to be back to my log cabin blocks. :-D

On the table runner (15.5 by 40.5-perfect for our table!), I left off the last two floral strips; I like the look. I thought the blocks needed to be smaller for the table runner size. Those are 6.5" before sewn in.

The doll quilt (18.5 by 25.5) is made of the whole new block. I had several of those done already, so just had to make a few more to finish it.

Now there are seven log cabin blocks left. If I add the last floral strip, I can make another doll quilt. I made 25 new ones, and I'll be making lots more! :wink:

Now for a few more floral bargello pieces.... but I still have to finish the binding on a few of those blasted potholders. :roll:

These bug my daughter because she says they're not symmetrical. I explained the head rest part, and she was better. lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185481[/ATTACH]

kriscraft99 04-17-2011 08:49 AM

oh I love the table runner! I've never made a log cabin block - are they time consuming?

lyndaloo 04-17-2011 08:51 AM

I love these floral log cabins, and I'm collecting florals so I can do one. Yours is gorgeous!

jmabby 04-17-2011 08:52 AM

very nice

barnbum 04-17-2011 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
oh I love the table runner! I've never made a log cabin block - are they time consuming?

YES! :lol: The way I do it is VERY time consuming. From over 70 different floral strips, I choose every strip individually block by block, so I don't suggest anyone do that. No two blocks are exactly alike. :roll: Find a few florals that go well together and just use those, then it won't be so complicated.

BeeNana 04-17-2011 08:54 AM

These are so lovely. You must have a good stash of florals.

barnbum 04-17-2011 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by BeeNana
These are so lovely. You must have a good stash of florals.

Oh, yeah. :roll:

Tink's Mom 04-17-2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum

Originally Posted by kriscraft99

YES! :lol: The way I do it is VERY time consuming. From over 70 different floral strips, I choose every strip individually block by block, so I don't suggest anyone do that. No two blocks are exactly alike. :roll: Find a few florals that go well together and just use those, then it won't be so complicated.

But that is why yours look so wonderful, Karla...they aren't just thrown together. :-D

barnbum 04-17-2011 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
But that is why yours look so wonderful, Karla...they aren't just thrown together. :-D

Yes. And why I want to charge $400 for each project. :lol: :lol:

amma 04-17-2011 09:26 AM

Very pretty :D:D:D