Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Snoopy Baby Quilt from a shower curtain.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/snoopy-baby-quilt-shower-curtain-t118874.html)

Kara 04-26-2011 02:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I was approached by my mom's cousin to make a baby quilt for her daughter. Classic Snoopy, not baby Snoopy. Another daughter of hers found a shower curtain, 100% cotton and full of classic Peanuts scenes.

I cut out the panels without words, framed them with some fabrics, added bits and strips to make widths and added the red to the top and bottom of the quilt to carry it throughout the quilt.

They don't know what gender the baby is, so the nursery is green and brown. I added blue to help the red be added.

The quilt is machine quilt quilted - some in the ditch, some free motion. I approached each panel differently and quilt accordingly.

The label is from some leftover bits from the panels.

It definitely does not look like a shower curtain anymore. :)

Full Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189255[/ATTACH]

Close-up of panels
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189256[/ATTACH]

Label made up from leftover bits
[ATTACH=CONFIG]189257[/ATTACH]

Carrie Jo 04-26-2011 02:47 AM

how cute is that? wonderful idea.

quilticing 04-26-2011 02:52 AM

You're a genious!

Painiacs 04-26-2011 02:54 AM

That's wonderful!!

carolaug 04-26-2011 03:08 AM

I love it!!!

ragqueen03 04-26-2011 03:25 AM

that is really adorable. who would have ever thought it was a shower curtain before!

sandyo 04-26-2011 03:29 AM

what a great idea. wonderful quilt

Scrap Happy 04-26-2011 03:40 AM

It’s adorable!! How creative on your part to use a shower curtain making it a unique quilt. Great idea. I also like how you did with the label. :thumbup:

SeamsLikeIt 04-26-2011 03:43 AM

So cute, it turned out awesome! Love using all kinds of fabric "sources"! :D

quiltnut4ever 04-26-2011 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kara
I was approached by my mom's cousin to make a baby quilt for her daughter. Classic Snoopy, not baby Snoopy. Another daughter of hers found a shower curtain, 100% cotton and full of classic Peanuts scenes.

I cut out the panels without words, framed them with some fabrics, added bits and strips to make widths and added the red to the top and bottom of the quilt to carry it throughout the quilt.

They don't know what gender the baby is, so the nursery is green and brown. I added blue to help the red be added.

The quilt is machine quilt quilted - some in the ditch, some free motion. I approached each panel differently and quilt accordingly.

The label is from some leftover bits from the panels.

It definitely does not look like a shower curtain anymore. :)

As a Snoopy fan (ok my kids say I'm a fanatic! lol!) you did an excellent job. I saw that curtain myself the o ther day but if I actually used it for my bathroom my kids would have me committed! Awesome job you did! :thumbup: