Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   some finished hand embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/some-finished-hand-embroidery-t22379.html)

jumperfamily 07-04-2009 07:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
These are a few things from my stacks and stacks of finished bits of handwork. Eventually I will figure out what to do with all these random pieces, but for now they are stuffed in a overfilled shoebox. I'm not sure how many more I can shove in!

Blackwork maze. One of four.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39570[/ATTACH]

My 1st sampler. Been in the box 17 years!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39571[/ATTACH]

Hardanger doily. My first try.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39630[/ATTACH]

jumperfamily 07-04-2009 07:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A couple more...

more original designs. I like doing bibs and burp cloths with these.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39573[/ATTACH]

doodling on a hankie...practicing french knots, long/short and applique
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39574[/ATTACH]

more where these came from!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39638[/ATTACH]

ripstitch 07-04-2009 08:26 PM

Wonderful work! Thanks for sharing these. If there are more, please do post them. I love doing hand work and I always have several projects going at once.

Cheers, Ellena

amma 07-04-2009 08:39 PM

Those are all Stunning!!! You do awesome handwork!!!! More Please :D :D :D

tlrnhi 07-04-2009 09:58 PM

I only have one word......

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Ninnie 07-05-2009 01:28 AM

Beautiful, beautiful hand work!

Lacelady 07-05-2009 02:18 AM

I like the blackwork sampler, and the Hardanger. You can use that straight away, and that would leave a bit more room in the shoe box. The blackwork could be hemmed for a small table centre. You could have it framed, or get one of those trays designed to hold pieces of handwork. That would display it and be a useful item at the same time. The long strip could be hung up on the wall as a Bell Pull. I have one beside my fire. Of course, it doesn't function, but it's left over from the tradition that you pulled it, a bell rang below stairs, and a maid instantly appeared. Oh for that to happen in my house! Don't just put everything back in that shoe box, start using some of your lovely pieces.

Mamagus 07-05-2009 03:42 AM

Beautiful work! I was given my first flour sack when I was 7 and my Nan (grandma to Newfoundlanders) had used one of her transfers on it. I was hooked. Over the years I have done needlepoint, embroidery, crewel, counted cross-stitch and now I am doing a lot of applique work. There's nothing like having a needle in your hand creating something beautiful from something very ordinary!

Your work is gorgeous. I hope there's some kept for future generations to enjoy!

Mrs. Mel 07-05-2009 04:35 AM

These are beautiful and if your shoebox is too stuffed I'd be more than willing to sacrifice space by sending some my way! :D

sewjoyce 07-05-2009 06:40 AM

Wow -- beautiful handwork!!!