Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   some of my fair projects for this year (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/some-my-fair-projects-year-t198743.html)

SewExtremeSeams 08-26-2012 07:33 PM

They are all beautiful. I must say though that the giraffe handbag is my fave. Love your vest also. :thumbup:

Jim's Gem 08-26-2012 07:48 PM

Beautiful work!

ckcowl 08-27-2012 02:26 AM

thanks for all the (praise) everyone loves the vest- and i do too- it is really neat- i did decorative stitching on it with some really awesome threads---they don't really show up in the pic, but in person it's...WOW...unfortunately i did not do such a good job on sizing it (it doesn't fit anyone) and the pockets are not well placed...luckily for me the 'judges' didn't try it on-they based the 1st place on workmanship & appearance...it is well constructed & has a great 'look'...i was actually thinking about cutting it up and using it for something else...but for now it will sit around i guess...
everyone seems to like the wintery table runner & that is such a simple one to make- i may have to do a tutorial for all of you -- i make those up all the time- it's reversable and often i do a summer side/fall side; or thanksgiving on one side, Christmas on the other---or one that (goes) with home decor on one side and a holiday on the other...sky's the limit- and they go together in just a couple hours...anyhow- thanks everyone...it will take me a couple weeks to put together a tutorial- lots going on for the next 2 weeks i'll be lucky to see my sewing room at all.
have a great (last week of summer) since next Monday is Labor Day.

Suzan88 08-27-2012 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5470835)
thanks for all the (praise) everyone loves the vest- and i do too- it is really neat- i did decorative stitching on it with some really awesome threads---they don't really show up in the pic, but in person it's...WOW...unfortunately i did not do such a good job on sizing it (it doesn't fit anyone) and the pockets are not well placed...luckily for me the 'judges' didn't try it on-they based the 1st place on workmanship & appearance...it is well constructed & has a great 'look'...i was actually thinking about cutting it up and using it for something else...but for now it will sit around i guess...
everyone seems to like the wintery table runner & that is such a simple one to make- i may have to do a tutorial for all of you -- i make those up all the time- it's reversable and often i do a summer side/fall side; or thanksgiving on one side, Christmas on the other---or one that (goes) with home decor on one side and a holiday on the other...sky's the limit- and they go together in just a couple hours...anyhow- thanks everyone...it will take me a couple weeks to put together a tutorial- lots going on for the next 2 weeks i'll be lucky to see my sewing room at all.
have a great (last week of summer) since next Monday is Labor Day.

Have you considered framing it in a shadow box and hanging it on a wall if it really won't fit any real person.

Moonglow 08-27-2012 03:27 AM

Congratulations! Beautiful work.

Blinkokr 08-27-2012 03:44 AM

All are wonderful, great job and thank you for sharing. Congrads on your wins
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

ckcowl 08-27-2012 09:56 AM

Have you considered framing it in a shadow box and hanging it on a wall if it really won't fit any real person.

i had not thought of that- it is too big for that- i can actually put it on- but the proportions are (off) the pockets cause you to pull your elbows up- -it's just...not right (maybe my arms are just too long)...i had actually thought about turning it into a bag-purse of some sort= my hubby thinks it may actually (work) for one of my granddaughter's though-so we shall see- in the mean time---it will just (hang around) :)

wolph33 08-27-2012 10:00 AM

great works,congrats on all the wins

OKLAHOMA PEACH 08-27-2012 10:01 AM

Wonderful work, where are the pictures of the quilts??

momto5 08-27-2012 10:19 AM

Congratulations! They're all gorgeous!