Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Some of my finished quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/some-my-finished-quilts-t5299.html)

robbijmorris 03-16-2008 05:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I saw some of the others share their finished work, so I thought I would.
I will eventually get a quilt made for each member of my family. Luckily I have a huge one, so it will take me a while. :D

OK, here is the quilt I made for my daughter. It is a nine patch alternated with snowball blocks. The lighter fabric is feedsack I got from my uncle.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4661[/ATTACH]

This is a quilt I put together for my youngest son, who shares a room with the older son. They are made from the same material. It is a simple brick path.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7445[/ATTACH]

This is an airplane quilt I made for my son, it's name is Planes in Formation, which is sewn into the top panel.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44059[/ATTACH]

tia sarah 03-16-2008 05:04 PM

all your quilts are very beautiful. you have very lucky kids.

robbijmorris 03-16-2008 05:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more. :wink:

OK, this one is just fun. This is my youngest son, Dawson, who absolutely had to help me baste my quilt today. I figured if it does not get pinned exactly right, those spots will be precious memories of this time we had today. He is 5.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5244[/ATTACH]

This is a baby blanket I made for a friend for the price of the fabric. The pattern is one I got from a magazine, and it is a woven lover's knot, I think.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6634[/ATTACH]

This one is my avatar picture, and it has a fun story. Somehow my mom got hold of some scrub scraps, and gave them to me. This is a baby blanket I made for a coworker, and she is a nurse like me. This is my first attempt at triangles.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66809[/ATTACH]

tlrnhi 03-16-2008 05:08 PM

The quilts are pretty!
I LOVE the black/gray one.
If you don't have a home for it....uh hemmm....I'll give it a good one. :D

robbijmorris 03-16-2008 05:10 PM

You are so generous and thoughtful! (lol) The black and white one is for me. I have never made one for myself. There are better pics of it further back on the picture board, it is called my pride and joy. Thanks!

Celeste 03-16-2008 05:14 PM

These are such beautiful quilts! I'd take any and all! Actually, I'd be happy to have your drive and color talent!

Cute son! :D

jacquemoe 03-16-2008 05:20 PM

Those are awesome. Where do you find the time? Your son looks adorable too. He's lucky to have you for a Mom.

robbijmorris 03-16-2008 05:31 PM

jacquemoe,

Thank you. I am lucky to have that kiddo for a son, he is priceless. As for the time to quilt, I really don't have much. These pictures encompass most of my quilting work over the last 3 or 4 years, minus 2 baby quilts I did not have the presence of mind to take pictures of before giving them away. In fact, it has taken me until today to find the time to even start to baste that behemoth of a quilt I am working on now (the black and white one). Escaping into quilting helps me keep my sanity. Crazy how cutting something up and putting it back together can keep me calm and my sanity at hand, huh?

jbsstrawberry 03-16-2008 08:11 PM

Gotta tell you, your son is adorable!! What a great helper :D. Your quilts are outstanding, I especially love the woven lover's knot. How cute was it to use scrub fabric for your coworker's baby blanket!!! Just beautiful work!!

Shadow Dancer 03-16-2008 09:37 PM

Your quilts are gorgeous! :) And your son is a cutie! :) :) It's wonderful that he helped you... today you made a memory that will last a lifetime! Awesome! :)