Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Some work done on Sunburst (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/some-work-done-sunburst-t8610.html)

Butterflyspain 06-30-2008 05:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is an update to the Sunburst design.

I am just afraid to try the free motion, all this is done with embroidery so far.

I used some kids chalk sticks to pencil in the lines for the corners and wondered if this idea could be used to put a free form design on the border I have at the moment. Do you think it will work. The chalk works really well and I have it in all colours and it just brushes off.

Different embroidery stitches
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10753[/ATTACH]

One corner. Just kinda put a fan design very simple.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10878[/ATTACH]

mom2three 06-30-2008 06:10 AM

I love this design. I have this in one of my books by Carol Doak. I have put it on my list of "quilts to do in the future". What a wonderful use of colors.

Butterflyspain 06-30-2008 06:14 AM

Thanks for the lovely comments. I must try to get that book.

Elle

Marcia 06-30-2008 06:17 AM

That is just beautiful. I always use a water erasable pen but I think your idea for the chalk would work for you to mark your border. Thanks for a new tip!

Butterflyspain 06-30-2008 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Marcia
That is just beautiful. I always use a water erasable pen but I think your idea for the chalk would work for you to mark your border. Thanks for a new tip!

Glad you liked the idea, shops are so far away here I had to think of something. One thing though the design will brush off quite easily so only do a bit at a time.

I was interested that you mark your design out. the thought of just puting the machine on to a blank canvas scares me half to death.

So then do you just free motion over the design. Looing forward to hearing from you Marcia. :D
Elle

DA Mayer 06-30-2008 08:10 AM

wow, wow, WOW I love it so far.

gcathie 06-30-2008 08:12 AM

:thumbup: OOOOOHHHH my gosh that is so prettyyyyyyy !!!!! It really took my breathe away!!!

I use the chaulk marking pens...have all the colors ...they work really great !!! My so pretty!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Love it!!!

Butterflyspain 06-30-2008 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by gcathie
:thumbup: OOOOOHHHH my gosh that is so prettyyyyyyy !!!!! It really took my breathe away!!!

I use the chaulk marking pens...have all the colors ...they work really great !!! My so pretty!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Love it!!!

Thanks for your lovely comments. Going to have a go with the chalk and mark out a design and then try to free motion it. I think if I have something to guide me it will help and it doesn´t matter if its not exact then does it. :?

While plucking up the courage have started on the next round which is flying geese, echoing the colours.

Elle

Izy 06-30-2008 11:24 AM

Its gonna be good gal!!! :D

Butterflyspain 06-30-2008 11:47 AM

Izy, wish I felt that positive. You might hear me screaming when I try this out at the Club tomorrow. :D :D

Elle