Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Springtime Tote Bag (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/springtime-tote-bag-t40177.html)

JoAnnGC 03-20-2010 09:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this tote bag as a birthday gift for my niece and filled it with a few small goodies. The ladies at the party went wild and now I have orders to make six more for the ladies and two or three more to sell at the day spa where my daughter works as a massage therapist. I've discovered that I absolutely love mixing and matching FQs! The flower/yoyo button looks off center in the picture but it's really just the camera angle that was off kilter a bit since I was in a bit of a rush to take the picture before I left for the party. Do you think the spa customers will go for these and how much do you think I should charge? Keep in mind that the clientele there are used to spending money somewhat lavishly. Thanks for looking!

Morgan's Tote Bag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20235[/ATTACH]

craftybear 03-20-2010 10:03 PM

Wow, I love your bag!

Do you think you could get $35 or $40.00 from the bag or more??

craftybear 03-20-2010 10:04 PM

Also would be cute to make like a make up bag, billfold to match but you would charge more. Wow, cool bag! I love the colors!

Gramof6 03-20-2010 10:11 PM

I love the bag! Beautiful. You did a nice job. Shoot might as well start out at $45 or $50 for the Spa. Add a wallet or checkbook and add another $20-$25 ea. Still cheaper than Vera Bradley. If you find that this is priced too high, you can lower your prices...if it is priced too low, it may hurt you to raise them. Just my half a cent. :wink:

JanetM 03-20-2010 11:08 PM

You bag is adorable. Given that your potential buyer is a spa customer I really think you should price them at $60. You will know quickly if you have priced it correctly.
What did you quote the ladies who have already asked you to make them one?

earlylace 03-21-2010 03:50 AM

I would like to attempt to make a bag, never made one before, yours is WOW! Lace

marsye 03-21-2010 05:20 AM

I need that! :thumbup:

JoAnnGC 03-21-2010 08:23 AM

One of the ladies at the party asked what I would charge and suggested $35. The other ladies all pooh-poohed her and said to charge at least $45-50. I think $50 is a fair price considering that the fabric, trim, etc. costs about $10-$15. For the spa I'll have to allow for the spa owner's commission so probably charge $60 there. Her customers pay that much for a 4 ounce bottle of lotion without blinking so they might not mind spending that much for a one-of-a-kind bag...we'll see!

Marcia 03-21-2010 09:36 AM

Your bag is adorable and I understand why everyone wants one! I think $50-$60 is a very reasonable price~one that will sell quickly and give you a nice profit.

belmer 03-21-2010 09:49 AM

very nice... I think I need to attempt to make a bag, I have so many bright fats that I need to make a couple of them.