Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Starting a New Project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/starting-new-project-t116981.html)

Lv2sew2011 04-17-2011 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can't finish up my red, white and black just yet, need to go shopping for batting.

So today I started number 5 I think...and this is what the first block looks like!
I'm thinking Patriotic!!
The fabrics I'm using are found at yard sales and thrift stores!

In the block that's not black, it's a dark blue!

dhanke 04-17-2011 10:47 PM

I like your new project, starting a new project is the best, isn't it? It's almost like falling in love. Today I was going to make the backing for a graduation quilt, so it must get done soon. Instead I started making crumb blocks, I'd never made them before and before you know it the day was gone, I'd made 17 blocks and hadn't put a stitch into making the backing. Ah, there's nothing like a new project!

Lv2sew2011 04-17-2011 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by dhanke
I like your new project, starting a new project is the best, isn't it? It's almost like falling in love. Today I was going to make the backing for a graduation quilt, so it must get done soon. Instead I started making crumb blocks, I'd never made them before and before you know it the day was gone, I'd made 17 blocks and hadn't put a stitch into making the backing. Ah, there's nothing like a new project!

I don't know what has got into me, I use to hate to sew, but all of the sudden, all I want to do! LOL

I have one thats started but I'm hand quilting it and just wasnt in the mood to do that one yet! LOL

And like I said on my post, the other one needs batting and I don't have any...

And I wanted to sew today, so I went looking for free patterns and found this one and was hoping I had enough of red white and blue, cause I wanted to make something that looked patriotic...

Thank you for your comment!
Donna

SulaBug 04-17-2011 10:55 PM

What a beautiful block for your new project!! :thumbup: Please keep us updated as you make further progress!!
:D :D :D :D

wolfkitty 04-17-2011 10:59 PM

The stars look like fireworks! Nice pattern! You did a nice job on the pattern! :)

Lv2sew2011 04-17-2011 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
What a beautiful block for your new project!! :thumbup: Please keep us updated as you make further progress!!
:D :D :D :D

Thank you SulaBug, what a cute user name! And Wolfkitty...

earthwalker 04-17-2011 11:19 PM

What a pretty block....great fabrics too. Look forward to seeing what you make with this. Thanks for sharing.

Painiacs 04-18-2011 01:33 AM

Will be nice to snuggle under while watching fireworks on 4 th of July!

GirlieWhirlie 04-18-2011 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by dhanke

What are crumb blocks?

emerald46 04-18-2011 03:45 AM

Yep, it looks like a firecracker! Love it!