Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Stunning Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/stunning-quilts-t210427.html)

watson's mom 01-10-2013 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by morelcabin (Post 5772207)
Have to say that one Really caught my eye!

I downloaded a picture of this quilt the first time I saw it posted and bought the same fabric to make it. It is on my list. Love, love, love this quilt. They are all nice but this is my hands-down favourite. Thank you for sharing again.

mindless 01-10-2013 07:18 PM

Yes.....thank you! These are All truly incredible!

watson's mom 01-10-2013 07:40 PM

After looking at all the quilts posted I have to say these are some of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen. Thank you to everyone for taking the time to share.

clhr 01-10-2013 07:42 PM

I have been wanting to try the Double Wedding Ring but not sure if I am ready for that big of a challenge. I helped my grandma hand quilt hers but I don't know who got it after she passed. So would really like to make one. Love yours.

Bonbonary 01-10-2013 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by bailey (Post 5772079)
Not sure about stunning but I love this quilt because it is the first one I ever made that my son actually liked. He even asked for this one. Yoohoo!!!! It is a OBW that I added applique to.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386837[/ATTACH]

Bailey, I think that definitely qualifies for the stunning category. I've never seen one with the appliques like yours. The animals are perfect and really make your quilt special.

Bonbonary 01-10-2013 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by LyndaOH (Post 5772975)
My most stunning and favorite quilt has to be my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, called Sylvia & Louise. I made it in the year after my mother, Louise, passed away. It was definitely my therapy and got me through that tough time. It's held together with thread and tears and there is love in every stitch. Miss you, Mom!

That is amazing, Lynda. Your mom would be so proud!

fireworkslover 01-10-2013 10:00 PM

Stunning Quilts

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by fireworkslover (Post 5776565)
My quilt I made for a fireworks quilt challenge titled, " Ooooh, An Eight Break Snail Shell", is my best work so far. The pattern is by Pat Wolfe called "Circle of Fire". She created one circle and I made them different sizes and colors. Six are paper pieced and range in size from 8.5" to 19" in diameter pieced. The two smallest are 7.5" & 6" diameter and they are fused. The quilting lines extend out further on all circles to expand each break to a larger area covered by stitching. Each star is made from 8 diamonds. Two pie shaped triangles are sewn to the diamond to form 1/8 of the circle. The dark gray/black background fabric I chose, also had a subtle snail (spiral) print on it in various dark values of gray. I fmq on my domestic machine. I originally was going to make it in sections and then sew it together, but decided partway through to sew the whole top together and then fmq it. I used metallic, polyester and silk threads for quilting. Finished size is 63" X 74". It took me about 6 months to make. I took First Place in the Quilt Challenge and People's Choice for the Art Show at the Pyrotechnic Guild International Convention in 2010.

My picture failed to load. I'll hopefully get one to work soon.

OK, I hope this works.

MaggieLou 01-11-2013 06:13 AM

Fireworkslover that definitely qualifies as stunning. Did you have a pattern or just made up one? I'm a fireworks lover too.

All these quilts are stunning.

faykilgore 01-11-2013 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by such a sew and sew (Post 5776119)
This quilt was definitely my most time consuming but I enjoyed making it.

There are a Lot of stunning quilts posted, but this one took my breath away!

hairquilt 01-11-2013 07:56 AM

Love this thread. Fabulous quilts!!