Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Stunning Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/stunning-quilts-t210427.html)

bezzie58 02-05-2013 03:20 PM

bailey your quilt is super stunning

sewNso 02-06-2013 04:34 AM

mirebelle, did that farmers wife BOM require you to buy a book or the patterns., or did they give you the patterns each month. that quilt is on my bucket list. i've seen that thread, and just have not taken the time to read it. thx.

yours is just stunning. wonderful job.

karenpatrick 02-06-2013 07:42 AM

Mirabelle, your quilts are stunning. I wish there was another word to use. Your Farmer's Wife is gorgeous. Wish I had the nerve to attempt one of those. Good on ya. (Don't they say that in Australia?)

calmarek 02-06-2013 09:48 AM

Shazeeda, I absolute love the fabrics you choose for this Trip Around the World. That pattern is on my To-Do list!
Canada Kate, Your quilt is awesome! I love working with the colors you used in your quilt. Good job everyone!!

QuiltE 02-06-2013 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso (Post 5841925)
mirebelle, did that farmers wife BOM require you to buy a book or the patterns., or did they give you the patterns each month. that quilt is on my bucket list. i've seen that thread, and just have not taken the time to read it. thx.
yours is just stunning. wonderful job.

Hello SewNSo ... Not MiraBelle .... though am another who completed the FWS. The FWS is a book of patterns created by Laurie Aaron Hird along with stories about women who wrote into a magazine in the early 1900's answering the question "Would you recommend your daughter to marry a farmer?".

There were 111 six inch blocks, all different in the quilt and the group did them here on the QB as a quilt-along, doing two blocks per week. Some diligently followed the pace (such as MiraB!) and others like me, joined in at various stages and gradually got them done. Also just a few pages before MiraB's is QuiltingNinaSue's FWS. QNSue did some other block patterns to finish off with 145 different blocks!! I will post mine to this thread tonight or tomorrow.

Lyn Hut 02-06-2013 04:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi
Well everyone quilt are gorgeous, and must hold a very special place in everyone heart.
I have only have only completed 3 quilts one of them is still been quilted, and three cot quilts for my grandsons. But I think a stunning quilt is, one that you have done for yourself or someone else that you have put some love in and or that have meaning for you. Or the colours and pattern go with the place that it is going to live. And that you can learn new things and different patterns.

Here is 3 pictures of the ones I have made.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]393569[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393575[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393570[/ATTACH]

mirabelle 02-06-2013 11:32 PM

Thank you QuiltE for answering SewNso for me, I have been out all day....and am only just catching up..

Karenpatrick #262 yes we do say good on ya down here:D

Onetomatoplant 02-10-2013 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5843361)
Hello SewNSo ... Not MiraBelle .... though am another who completed the FWS. The FWS is a book of patterns created by Laurie Aaron Hird along with stories about women who wrote into a magazine in the early 1900's answering the question "Would you recommend your daughter to marry a farmer?".

There were 111 six inch blocks, all different in the quilt and the group did them here on the QB as a quilt-along, doing two blocks per week. Some diligently followed the pace (such as MiraB!) and others like me, joined in at various stages and gradually got them done. Also just a few pages before MiraB's is QuiltingNinaSue's FWS. QNSue did some other block patterns to finish off with 145 different blocks!! I will post mine to this thread tonight or tomorrow.

I got the book for Christmas and I'm so new to quilting it may be several years before I attempt the quilt, but the book is really fun to read and would be worth buying.

TeresaS 02-13-2013 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid (Post 5771296)
Ok, lets see how this works! My quilt for my son and dil's wedding.

Since these was my first double wedding ring it too about 2 months start to binding. I used the Eleanor Burns method and won't do it again. I'll piece the next one the traditional way.

This is not a quilt for the beginner. I consider myself an intermediate quilter. Some of these curves can be tricky to get just right, at least for me!

I love this pattern. I have signed up for the mariners compass...I am extremely nervous but excited to learn from the five month class.

QuiltE 02-14-2013 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Onetomatoplant (Post 5852139)
I got the book for Christmas and I'm so new to quilting it may be several years before I attempt the quilt, but the book is really fun to read and would be worth buying.

Just start with one block at a time .... and you know you can make a tabletopper or runner.
Then a few more, and you know you could do a wall hanging.
Few more, a baby quilt.
Onwards to a lap quilt.
By then you'll be hooked and be counting the other direction!!!!!!! :)

That's the joy of a sampler ... you can stop at anytime and have something from it!
I've used that strategy many times ............... and have some beautiful large bed sized quilts as a result!