Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   T-shirt quilt I threw together (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/t-shirt-quilt-i-threw-together-t209238.html)

BoJangles 12-26-2012 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt (Post 5740129)
Random shirts I threw into a quilt for my DH. I think I will give it to him for Valentines day.

Wow great looking top! This gives me an idea of what the quilt I am going to make for a grandson will look like! One of our GS's graduates next June. His mom wants me to make him a quilt using all his team shirts from when he was little!

Nancy

mighty 12-26-2012 07:08 AM

Great job!!!!!

gabeway 12-26-2012 08:19 AM

Love tshirt quilts as they're a memory lane type of thing. Great job.

hopetoquilt 12-31-2012 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker (Post 5741029)
You did a great job. When I get through with t-shirts, they look like old rags. I can't bring myself to cut up a good one. Nice turnout!

I used t shirts with stains or that we're stretched out or too big or some with logos that I knew nobody else would wear. My kids wear hand me downs almost exclusively (so the shirts have already been worn alot) and most of the clothes get handed down to more of their cousins. I have the money to purchase new clothes but have been given so many nice hand me downs that it would be a shame to pass them up. Better to spend the $ on other things. I also use the rest of the shirt parts as rags and gave tiny scraps away as stuffing for doggy beds. No waste.

lallyann 01-01-2013 04:13 PM

that will be an awesome Valentine's gift! He will LOVE it!

Quinlog 01-02-2013 04:19 PM

Does he like the Phillies? : )

wolph33 01-02-2013 05:28 PM

awesome t-shirt quilt-he will love it

ogies 01-03-2013 09:24 AM

tshirt quilt

Did you quilt this tshirt quilt yet? I am curious to see what kind of thread, any particulars --did you back the tshirts with any stabilizer? I know someone who sews tshirt to tshirt with no backing, and she says she uses a ton of needles. I am getting ready to start my fifth tshirt quilt (over the years) - and want to try another technique of laying out, etc, so any feedback is appreciated...I really like the way you butted them together, very nice.

BoJangles 01-05-2013 06:06 AM

I am also curious to see what the T-shirt quilt does when being quilted? I would almost be afraid to put it on a long arm table - wouldn't it stretch? I am going to make the same thing for a grandson, but the thought of quilting it scares me! I am afraid it will be all wonky from the stretchy T-shirt fabric. I would think a light weight stablizer on each block before the blocks are sewn together would be the way to go, unless it is carefully laid out, pinned and machine quilted or hand quilted only - the long arm table would probably not be a good choice?

Nancy

Blinkokr 01-05-2013 06:47 AM

Just wonderful, great job and thank you for sharing
Have a Blessed day
Ellen