Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Three Little Quilts for AAQI (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/three-little-quilts-aaqi-t215894.html)

azwendyg 03-09-2013 10:35 AM

Three Little Quilts for AAQI

3 Attachment(s)
These are 3 quilts little 9" x 12" quilts I plan to donate to AAQI (Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative). The first is a sample piece I made in a Craftsy class and decided to bind and finish for AAQI, and the other two I made specifically for AAQI. (After all I couldn't send just one lonely little quilt!) I used some Shiva Paint Stics to highlight the quilting on these and some little crystals on one of them too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400683[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400681[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400680[/ATTACH]

QuiltnNan 03-09-2013 10:42 AM

beautifully done.

bjchad 03-09-2013 10:44 AM

Very lovely. I love the colors and the quilting is spectacular.

DebraK 03-09-2013 10:56 AM

may they raise big bucks. just beautiful! you, my dear, are an artist!

quilt-n-girl 03-09-2013 11:05 AM

Love your quilts, the quilting is wonderful, I really like the quilting in the second one, keep up the good work.

Sheepshed 03-09-2013 11:20 AM

(((AZWENDY)))) I know the Alzheimers thing is Ami Simms pet project for years.... and the link is www.AlzQuilts.org... i searched for *size* on that site, as I cant remember the max size... the max size is: ”. By creating mini art quilts in any theme with a maximum size of just 9" x 12" (so that it fits a USPS Priority Mailer without folding.. aha... Ami is a wonderful person, and its one of those *charities* that I feel comfortable about when she says ALL the proceeds go to the charity, that they DO. Clicking on the wonderful do-able size art quilts on that site is just so much fun... and I LOVE YOUR 3 QUILTS... Your quilting is wonderful... thanks so much for posting...

azwendyg 03-09-2013 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Sheepshed (Post 5916603)
(((AZWENDY)))) I know the Alzheimers thing is Ami Simms pet project for years.... and the link is www.AlzQuilts.org... i searched for *size* on that site, as I cant remember the max size... the max size is: ”. By creating mini art quilts in any theme with a maximum size of just 9" x 12" (so that it fits a USPS Priority Mailer without folding.. aha... Ami is a wonderful person, and its one of those *charities* that I feel comfortable about when she says ALL the proceeds go to the charity, that they DO. Clicking on the wonderful do-able size art quilts on that site is just so much fun... and I LOVE YOUR 3 QUILTS... Your quilting is wonderful... thanks so much for posting...

Yes, I was very careful to check out their size and other requirements to make sure to make pieces they could use!

DebraK 03-09-2013 11:31 AM

your binding (among other things) is sublime!

mary quilting 03-09-2013 11:38 AM

wonderful quilts I saw the zen quilting book at the sewing expo yesterday and these are like them I am am going to have to try some

Sewfine 03-09-2013 11:41 AM

Those are beautiful. Love the quilting.