Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Top done... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/top-done-t101219.html)

carolaug 02-19-2011 04:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a quick simple ottoman quilt. I will sandwich and quilt tomorrow.

the dark spots are water drips from my iron
[ATTACH=CONFIG]144444[/ATTACH]

vhiggason 02-19-2011 04:30 PM

Very nice. Love the colors.

QUILTNMO 02-19-2011 05:53 PM

neat nice job

BizzieLizzie 02-20-2011 03:11 AM

Sweet colours!

sandyl 02-20-2011 03:47 AM

Ottoman quilt? Quilt you put on the ottoman? For feet to rest on? A good idea for an old piece of something, but I'd hate to put that on my ottoman. It's much too pretty for feet.

kwilter 02-20-2011 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by sandyl
Ottoman quilt? Quilt you put on the ottoman? For feet to rest on? A good idea for an old piece of something, but I'd hate to put that on my ottoman. It's much too pretty for feet.

Yes, indeed. But what a terrific idea! :thumbup:

Maia B 02-20-2011 10:24 AM

Nice colors! I'm picturing a house so full of quilts that even small pieces of furniture get their own...Lot of folks have appliance cozies, that's like a quilt for your toaster.

carolaug 02-20-2011 04:36 PM

Yup. I put them on my ottoman its fairly new...a year old but no kids at home. I like to change the ottoman quilt every few months. It makes the room look different and keeps the cat hair off of the furniture. I husband does put his feet on it but has socks on no shoes. I like how I can just put it in the washer and dyer and looks like new.

sandyl 02-21-2011 03:58 AM

cat hair, I understand that. It is a good idea-we have an ottoman and we have a dog. Dog does not get on furniture or ottoman, but we still get his hair on upholstered furniture. I vacuum daily-between his hair and my threads tracked thru the house it needs it. My future holds an ottoman quilt now. I would imagine that you have several of these that you switch. Christmas, Valentines, Fall etc.?

carolaug 02-21-2011 04:20 AM

No, but that is a great idea!!! I normally use left over prints. But since we really do like it and it is seen everyday I am going to start getting more creative. It really does change the look of the room. We have a biege couch, extra large chair and ottoman. I like the holiday ideas but use it only for the week of. Then change them to the current season (summer, spring, Fall and Winter)ottoman quilts. I am going to start doing them monthly and donate them once the month to the Animal shelter. I also have a wall hanging with a quilt that I would also like to match with the ottoman. This is going to keep me busy. Love it...another fun project. I may even change them weekly....like a flower vase. My mind is rolling....

cat hair, I understand that. It is a good idea-we have an ottoman and we have a dog. Dog does not get on furniture or ottoman, but we still get his hair on upholstered furniture. I vacuum daily-between his hair and my threads tracked thru the house it needs it. My future holds an ottoman quilt now. I would imagine that you have several of these that you switch. Christmas, Valentines, Fall etc.?