Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Trash to Treasures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/trash-treasures-t31216.html)

Olivia's Grammy 12-09-2009 08:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I love to recyle. Here are a few pictures of thing I've recycled over the last few years.

This is the first thing I made with blue jeans. I used 4 pairs to make this jumper, which I wear a lot.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58447[/ATTACH]

Every one is going "green". Here's my "green" bag. It stays in the trunk of my car.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58448[/ATTACH]

This is my Bible Cover.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58449[/ATTACH]

Olivia's Grammy 12-09-2009 08:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I also recyle neck ties. This quilt has 215 different ties in it. I can't decide how to quilt it. Suggestions are welcomed.

Olivia's Grammy 12-09-2009 08:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Another blue jean project.

I call this a purse on the go. It folds up to carry in your purse or you can carry it with the strap.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58005[/ATTACH]

Inside veiw. I holds checkbook, money, coin.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58006[/ATTACH]

Outside viiew. It can hold sunglasses or tissues.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58007[/ATTACH]

quilterpat 12-09-2009 08:07 AM

I think that I would just stitch in the ditch, around all the bow ties, maybe even a small decorative design

Olivia's Grammy 12-09-2009 08:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The first picture is a wool tree skirt with the nativity. Each creature was done my hand.The second picture is a calendar block of the month. The "project" got so heavy that I knew we could not sleep under it. I fold it over the pillow on my bed.

Wool tree skirt. Every creature was done by hand.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58451[/ATTACH]

Each block was done my hand.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58452[/ATTACH]

beachlady 12-09-2009 08:12 AM

How clever you are. I have saved tons of jeans to make a quilt, but think I will now use them to make "green" bags for the grocery store! Love your tie quilt - where did you get all the ties?

Wine Woman 12-09-2009 08:12 AM

Great work-the bible cover is darling! But the dress is very nice also. It will look great. Good work- the bag will never wear out!! I use my denim bag for everything. I also save neckties and have always wanted to make a quilt. They are from my father, husband and boys as they were growing up and actually wearing them! Uneard of today . . . thanks for sharing.

Olivia's Grammy 12-09-2009 08:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is a vest I made from men's wool slacks. It's called an upside down vest. If you look closely at the second picture you can see the pocket flaps. When I brought these pants home I told DH they were for him to wear to our Christmas Party. I wish I'd had a camera ready to capture the look on his face.

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58453[/ATTACH]

Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58454[/ATTACH]

Olivia's Grammy 12-09-2009 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my newest Treasure. Finished it yesterday. I've had this pattern for a while and couldn't find exactly the fabric for the tree. The back ground is a silk sheet. The tree is a fabric shower curtain.

Wall hanging
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58455[/ATTACH]

Olivia's Grammy 12-09-2009 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made every one in our family a Christmas stocking. Here are a few of them.

Christmas Stockings
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58323[/ATTACH]